Attention Parents

Currently reading:
Attention Parents

smokeyjoe03

Geek of the Week
:eek: Thats absolutley disgusting, i'm not a parent and don't intend to be for a very long time but that is absolutely looney behaviour from their parents.

Surely aswell by the age of 6 and 7 they knew not to play on the motorway:confused:

jug

blessed are the apostates
doesnt sound like bad parenting, they were reported missing, who knows what they were doing out that late and on a motorway but it obviously wasnt the usual way they spent their evenings. just a very unfortunate accident.

at 6/7 years old you let them go play in the street, they can wander off and get lost easily, you go to get them and they arent there, so you call the police, but is it really your fault if they wandered off? i wasnt allowed out the street at that age but we regularly went to the shop across the main road, parents never knew about it, it was our secret adventure.

Last edited:

Nyx

My god!

What was a 6 years old doing out at half 7? in the dark on their own. The parents want shooting!

custard

even if it was bad parenting it wouldnt change somes parenting style.
seemingly not long before i moved here some kid fell of an offroad bike (on road obviously!) and splattered his head on a bollard.
couple of weeks of no kids on bikes and now they whizz around waiting on the next one

SeicentoS

Seeing as the parents had reported them missing.... it may not have been bad parenting, as jug said, the kids could have easily wondered off while out playing in the street.

Nyx

That why parents should watch young kids

I wouldnt let a 6 year old play out with no one watching, they could easily get knocked over in the street near home, have some sicko try and take them or anything. is it really worth the risk ?

Nyx

Its just wrong!

Some parents ( im not tarring you all with the same brush) just dont seem to give a crap do they, as long as they not getting in there way they dont care where they are/what they doing, not just young kids either, young teenagers.

why do they bother having kids, you should pass a test before your allowed children to make sure you`ll make fit parents

SeicentoS

That why parents should watch young kids

I wouldnt let a 6 year old play out with no one watching, they could easily get knocked over in the street near home, have some sicko try and take them or anything. is it really worth the risk ?

bleh I used to play on the street all the time when I was 7, we don't know how the kids went missing, they may have sneaked out of the house, you never know.

Nyx

in dark cold winter months? you were out playing at gone 7pm at the age of 6 - 7 ? well shame on your parents then

SeicentoS

in dark cold winter months? you were out playing at gone 7pm at the age of 6 - 7 ? well shame on your parents then

lol, yeah I used to play footie in the park in winter, I'm still alive now.. and you can say shame on my parents as much as you like, but in my view they've brought me up damn well tbh. although I was usually home by 7:30pm :p

Nyx

yes your still alive now, but the two boys that didnt have their parents watching them arent are they.

SeicentoS

yes your still alive now, but the two boys that didnt have their parents watching them arent are they.

but we also don't know the circumstances around it either, had the children sneaked out?? also the parents called the police and had gone out searching, so I wouldn't say they didn't give a ****.

sportingsmissus

oh that's awful news

we were only alllowed in the back garden or at a friends house at that time and my parents would collect me in the car or watch me walk from 5 houses down the road to my house. common sense imo.

Nyx

but we also don't know the circumstances around it either, had the children sneaked out?? also the parents called the police and had gone out searching, so I wouldn't say they didn't give a ****.

i said some parents dont give a ****. if your watching you 6 - year old they cant "sneak" out.

Gav F

Stripped
ouch! (n)

but then why would you even attempt to cross a 3 lane motorway? lol
i would never try it, just a double lane lol..but seriously 7:30 isnt that bad..considering they were reported at missing...they could have just not wanted to go in when they were supposed to...parents cant stop their kids comig in late unexpectedly..

Nyx

ouch! (n)

but then why would you even attempt to cross a 3 lane motorway? lol
i would never try it, just a double lane lol..but seriously 7:30 isnt that bad..considering they were reported at missing...they could have just not wanted to go in when they were supposed to...parents cant stop their kids comig in late unexpectedly..

Why cant they? if you keep check on your kids, you know where they are and who with, if they not back when they meant to be you go round and frog march them home with their tail between their legs.