Attack dogs

Currently reading:
Attack dogs

Those dogs are very very well trained, I heard about celebrities who were getting that type of dog for protection. Training is upwards of 50k per dog !

Nice post mark, very interesting watch. Its alwas funny when a man in one of those suits gets attacked by the dog :eek:

It amazed me how high they could jump and the speed they covered that open ground, you'd have to be a great shot if you wanted to stop one of them getting to you.

Being an EX owner of large dogs, I do find it kinda strange that so called tough guys are brought to their knees so easily by a dog though. It's like the sight of the dog comin at them is enough to loose 90% of your strength :D

Most dogs are easily handled if you have the knowledge and in some cases the bottle.

bloomfieldliam said:
Great Mark, first documented case of canine schizophrenia!

What dogs did you have?

Liam
I had a collie when I was a kid, that was named Judy :)

I had a Weimaraner called Bella, that I had as a bit of guard dog, she looked like this, but this isn't her, I didn't have a digital camera back then :(
weimhpa0017.jpg

I had a German Shepherd called Sam, that was extremely vicious towards anyone but me, so I had to find him a new home when I had kids :cry: He actually went into the army as an attack dog :)

I also had the worlds largest ( well he looked like it ) Bearded Collie called Merlin, because he had a long white beard :)
Like this one here but he was much taller and an absolute gentle giant :) I miss him :cry:
bearded%20collie3.jpg

You are a dog lover Liam ? iirc you did mention you enjoyed looking after dogs ?

I can't wait to get a dog.I really like the look of japanese akita's, and will probably buy one and bring it home. The parent's won't be able to say no when they see it...

Well thats the plan, if not me and the dog will be living in my cinq..... :eek:

All this brought back some fond memories - about 12 years ago Michelle and I had two Airdale Terriers. Oh they were fantastic - Bozo and Beano. Big black and tan shaggy tornados. My dog in particular Beano, was a gentle giant. Loved the boss cat Branston and used to grab him off the fence with his teeth and gently put him on the ground - not sure the cat enjoyed it though! Both were very protective of their family. Beano in particular hated ladders and people near the fences. Our window cleaner "knew all about dogs" as "he had an Alsatian" - warned him that Beano didn't like ladders or anyone up same. "No problem mate". Up he went and so did Beano - teeth straight into the guy's leg. He had big big teeth and lots of them. We didn;t see him any more after that!

James Abarth said:
All this brought back some fond memories - about 12 years ago Michelle and I had two Airdale Terriers. Oh they were fantastic - Bozo and Beano. Big black and tan shaggy tornados. My dog in particular Beano, was a gentle giant. Loved the boss cat Branston and used to grab him off the fence with his teeth and gently put him on the ground - not sure the cat enjoyed it though! Both were very protective of their family. Beano in particular hated ladders and people near the fences. Our window cleaner "knew all about dogs" as "he had an Alsatian" - warned him that Beano didn't like ladders or anyone up same. "No problem mate". Up he went and so did Beano - teeth straight into the guy's leg. He had big big teeth and lots of them. We didn;t see him any more after that!
HAHA, thats his own fault for not listening :D
I love Airdale's, best looking Terriers IMO and I always wanted one.

If I ever get another dog it'll be a Doberman, but that will be when the kids have left home so I have at least 15 years to wait. I'll build him a little house right next to the car :) and i'll call it, Carlo :D

I hate dogs, vile things, not helped being attacked in Poland last year by one. However, I understand why so many love them.

THose are awesome dogs, assuming from the French that they are related to COS - Commandment des Operation Speciale - similar to our SAS. Very vicious things by the looks of it.

KoArAnG said:
HAHA, thats his own fault for not listening :D
I love Airdale's, best looking Terriers IMO and I always wanted one.

If I ever get another dog it'll be a Doberman, but that will be when the kids have left home so I have at least 15 years to wait. I'll build him a little house right next to the car :) and i'll call it, Carlo :D

You planning on still having your Stilo at that time Mark?

James Abarth said:
You planning on still having your Stilo at that time Mark?
I think I may end up keeping the Stilo as a lifetime hobby or something James, i'm planning on spending a lot of money on it and I think i'll begrudge selling it, you never know mate, there's not many around now so what will it be like in 15 years time eh :)

KoArAnG said:
I think I may end up keeping the Stilo as a lifetime hobby or something James, i'm planning on spending a lot of money on it and I think i'll begrudge selling it, you never know mate, there's not many around now so what will it be like in 15 years time eh :)

Me too Mark - but as I said - home first then the car.

James Abarth said:
Me too Mark - but as I said - home first then the car.
Yep(y)

I'm lucky, I got the house pretty much how I want it now, all but a few bits and pieces that I can do over the years, but there's not a lot that requires a large wad of money so i'm safe to get the car done and not worry that I should be spending elsewhere.

Although I wouldn't mind getting some decking done, and maybe a bigger fridge now that the kids are eating for the world, then I wouldn't have to take Chrissy shopping so often, which means less chance of some git hitting my car with a trolley :)

KoArAnG said:
You are a dog lover Liam ? iirc you did mention you enjoyed looking after dogs ?

Those are cool dogs and equally cool names, Merlin is ace!

Yeah I am a dog lover, just lost my German Shepard/Collie cross this year, she was 11 and her name was Kess,

KessandMiniKess.jpg

I really miss her :cry:

Had a pedigree lab when I was six but it got knocked down when it ran onto the road, I was at school, Toby was only a year old and he had to be put down due to his injuries.

Now I've not got any dogs but my sister has two labs, here they are Cooper on the left and Baxter on the right!

SmallBaxterCooper.jpg

I don't have the time to fully look after a dog just now but maybe in future I could get another.

Liam

Back