General At last!!! :-D

Currently reading:
General At last!!! :-D

At last after waiting about 2 months i have my registration documents through all in my name :)

project is all on its way now on my 4x4, everything running, all that is left is the welding to do, MOT and tax (y)

anyone know any cheep welders or would like to do it for me for a small fee :p ha

cheers benjii

Where does it need welding? You got any pics?

I can weld it up for you depending on how bad it is.

Here's some of my previous work on the Panda. Inner arches, suspension mounts and a seatbelt mount.

101_0939.jpg

101_0941.jpg
101_0910.jpg

101_0945.jpg

Last edited:
here are the picture there is quite abit, :eek: there is also the sills i would want doin, there not the bad but while am gettin it all done may aswell get them done so its all solid :D i havent took photos of them tho :eek:

[ame="http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff384/benmacdonald3/panda%20project/"]panda project pictures by benmacdonald3 - Photobucket[/ame]

Looks fairly bad to me, if your paying someone to do it looks as if it will cost a fair bit, its not like its a few patches to get it through the mot. I reckon you will be best off getting yourself a MIG and doing it yourself. Should be able to pick one up second hand for around £200. Will be much cheaper than getting someone else to do it even when you include everything else like paint etc.

A good tip if you do decide to do it yourself is to find a scrapped panda with a good body (there were plenty about due to the scrappage scheme) and cut out the panels you need to replace, like the arches and scuttle panel. This is what I've done and its made it so much easier than trying to make them yourself.

I really should take some photos of the work ive done, just a shame I forgot to take some before pics:bang:

ano when i looked at the pics myself there is a fair bit, i had someone come and look at it and they said about 150 all in, soo i cant complain really buti have just been made redundant so i am abit short of money, i would love to do it myself but i dont know how to weld :/

Holy crap that is a LOT of welding!!!

Not just the big easy heavy repairs either - it has a lot of body work and annoying niggley repairs too.

To get all of the rot fixed professionally is going to cost you at least a grand. You need to get yourself a MIG welder and kit and a good body shop to finish it all off.

I think you need to decide on what DEFFO needs to be sorted for the MOT and what rot can be left till a later date, e.g the surface rust in places is not going to fail the MOT so can be left, unlike the sills and structural repairs which need to be done first.

I just looked over the pics again and you certainly have your work cut out. I have actually scrapped a Panda that had a lot less rot than that!

Last edited:
Back