Astonishingly beautiful classic

Currently reading:
Astonishingly beautiful classic

That's beautiful. Italian cars are. There's a lovely, similar car in the film "My House in Umbria" with Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall and Ronnie Barker, it's a 4 seater convertible version.
Pre-war Alfa's were special too but the period from the late 1940's to the early 1970's produced some of the most gorgeous cars ever built, from all countries. The Miura, most of the Ferrari 250's along with the Dino and Daytona, the 50's Maserati two seaters, some Fiat sports cars, etc etc.
We had the Jags, the best looking of which (in my opinion) was the C-Type but the Zagato Aston Martin is another from that era that has a timeless beauty.
The mid-sixties Corvette, the early 911's and some very nice oddballs like the Volvo P1800, Bizzarini, Monteverdi and Intermeccanica. All very stylish and evocative of the age.
It's a good job I'm not extremely wealthy, I'd need a garage the size of Wembley Stadium :D

And here are some of them :yum:

Attachments

• IMG_1224.JPG
    IMG_1224.JPG
    302.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1225.JPG
    IMG_1225.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1226.JPG
    IMG_1226.JPG
    951 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1227.JPG
    IMG_1227.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 28
www.jdclassics.com have a particularly beautiful Zagato bodied 250 and a lovely little 1960's Alfa Giulia in stock. They are usually one of the main sponsors of the Mille Miglia so their prices tend to be eye-watering :D Their Jags are always on the button too.
www.dkeng.co.uk have a very nice Pininfarina bodied 166MM and www.talacrest.com have some of their usual high end Ferrari collectables in stock including a 250 California.

Back