Arnold Clark Fiat at it again.

Currently reading:
Arnold Clark Fiat at it again.

Davgra

Hi Guys and Girls i am new to the forum but i thought i should let you all know what Arnold Clark Fiat in Broxburn have been up to, Just incase you are thinking of buying a shinny new Fiat from them.

It all started in Feb 07 when i was watching TV and watched the New punto Grande go through it's paces. I thought that looks like the car for me, after owning an earlier model for a number of years i thought why not upgrade.

So i went to Arnold Clark in my home town of broxburn ordered the car put it on a finance deal and awaited delivery.The car arrived with several marks on the drivers side the sales man said these marks were the result of the transportation polish they use when moving the cars around an will wash out,
three weeks later the marks were still there i went back to Arnold Clark they contacted their after sales guy to look into it.
After three weeks he arrived and went over the car with a digital paint tool which measures the depth of the paint.
His answer was that the robot at the factory had not sprayed the car correctly, i demanded a new car no way said Uncle Arnold we will respray the car for you. this fight went on all through my cooling off period how how convenient. I have since found out from fiat that the car was involved in an accident before i became the owner then patched up and sold as new.
i am still fighting with Fiat Finance and Arnold Clark to cancel my agreement but neither side will budge, but all is not lost i have made contact with the traiding standards people and they have advised me that i can issue a 14 day time limit on the contract due to several violations of the sale of goods act 1994.
i will keep you all posted but in the meantime stay well clear of this garage and their substandard stock or you could endup like me:bang:

Regards

Dave

Hi there.
You might find that Arnold Clark didn't actually know the car had been damaged.
Seen a couple cars coming into my garage brand new and when you check them out thers Cataloy (SP) dust in the checks and management have known nothing about it.
Not sure if thats any help or consolation to you but thought you might want to know if you didn't already. :)

I doubt they would knowingly sell a damaged car.....through the network cars are requested from other garages/stock etc.....it could of been damaged anywhere along this line.

What did they say/or how did they/you know it was damaged?

I have since found out from fiat that the car was involved in an accident before i became the owner then patched up and sold as new.

I find that absolutley ****ing disgusting to be honest. If they had been knowingly trying to sell that to me I probably would have burnt their garage down </angry>

Welcome to here (y) I'm to gob smacked to comment on this ..PNL going out and checking new stilo with a magnet for filler :eek:

I doubt they would knowingly sell a damaged car.....through the network cars are requested from other garages/stock etc.....it could of been damaged anywhere along this line.

What did they say/or how did they/you know it was damaged?

Hi Thank you for looking at my post and that goes out to all who have replied.

To answer your question Arnold clark after some investigation foud that the car had been damaged but they new this when the car arrived but it's my word against the sales manager even their in house spray painter comented that the car looks like it had been painted by stevie wonder, you can see the overspray down the side of the car and bad masking on the window rubbers shows a line of paint not a proffesional job at all, this should not have happend at all it was a new car the even comented that they inspect the cars before handover i think they employ roy orbison for this role,when i requested a new car the sales manager just laughed at me i am not a happy teddy at the momment, what was supposed to be a great driving experiance has turned into a farce.
i have checked with the Traiding standards people and they have advised me under the sale of goods act 1994 to issue a 14 day termination notice to Fiat i will let you know how i got on. The best Fiat can offer at this time is a free service. thanks again for reading my post(y) it is a shame, i have had fiat's for years and i have never really had any issues until now. I will never deal with arnold clark again that's for sure, their attitude is "We Have your Money and you bought the car".

Kind regards

Dave:cool:

Welcome to here (y) I'm to gob smacked to comment on this ..PNL going out and checking new stilo with a magnet for filler :eek:

Hi Thanks for reading you might want to take a a good book of reasonable size along to check the gap between the wing and the bonnet most good book shops will have one that will fit i know mine did.:D

what a mess i will try and post some pictures for you all to see what kind of rubish is coming out of this garage.

Regards

Dave

Hi there.
You might find that Arnold Clark didn't actually know the car had been damaged.
Seen a couple cars coming into my garage brand new and when you check them out thers Cataloy (SP) dust in the checks and management have known nothing about it.
Not sure if thats any help or consolation to you but thought you might want to know if you didn't already. :)

Hi Thanks for that info, but they must have seen that the car was a different colour on the drivers side, i did not see this as the car was wet and had just been washed prior to me picking it up and when i told the dealer that the paint job was mince about three days later they waited until my cooling off period had expired before aranging an inspection. (very Poor customer service) i did try only to find a barrage of lame excuses to prevent me from returning the car to them during this period. now they want to repaint the car so they have admited the car was a mess.
i would rather cancel the whole thing as my trust in this dealer has now gone i would not let them replace my shoe laces. will keep you posted.

Thanks again

Regards

Dave

Back