General Argh problem won't go away!

Currently reading:
General Argh problem won't go away!

ShaunMck

I have a 2000 registered punto 1.2 8v. and it keeps overheating. The stupid little red light keeps coming on. It doesn't do it to start off with. only after about 25 - 50 miles. I keep losing coolant in my radiator.

Took it to the garage and they said it doesn't look like the radiator is leaking. but he could tell the anti-freeze had come out of the top of the radiator thing. where the min and max is!

So he suggested air lock. He quickly tried getting it out and filled it back up with water and off i went. then 25 miles down the light comes back. So next morning I fill up the rad pump the pipes to get air and watch the level of water go down, whilst putting more in each time.

Worked fine for 2 days. so thats 2 X 50 miles commute to work. Drive 25 miles to work today light comes on again. I can't see where its going!!. No mayo in Head Gasket!

Is there just so much air in my radiator?! the fan kicks in, both pips either side of rad get hot. so the water is pumping around!

Do i need a full flush/bleed of the system? or is my radiator just leaking and i cant see where...radweld?!

Thanks

Thanks

Back