Are you Jealous?

Currently reading:
Are you Jealous?

I caught a bloke out by going through his messages. It was the first time I did it then he even tried to deny that I had seen them! I was never paranoid or jealous until my intuition kicked in. I knew something was wrong and I was right it wasn't a case of jealousy it was finding the proof I needed to get rid of him.
I'm now with someone who I love and trust more than anything. we have no secrets and play with each others phones looking at pictures and messages. we are completely open with each other exactly how it should be.

I get jealous as I tend to go for the bird's everybody look's at and want's then I can't stop thinking they all want her, winds me up. I also get jealous of lazy ****s getting payed for nothing and owning a decent car, whilst I graft my ******** off yet my car is blatantly a ****ter.

I did get really paranoid for a bit but now I figured I've been a bit bad now and then but it hasn't changed how I feel for him so he can do the same. I did read his messages once because I thought he was paying more attention to someone else than me. And was more jealous of him than the person he was texting because she's gorgeous and amazing and I have a crush on her. Hahaha. So now I don't mind who he is in touch with.

KirstyTL said:
And was more jealous of him than the person he was texting because she's gorgeous and amazing and I have a crush on her. Hahaha. So now I don't mind who he is in touch with.

You were jealous of your boyfriend because he was texting a girl you fancy? If it bothered you that much maybe you should turn to women instead?!

sammi, just cause you are curious/have a lesbian tendency doesn't mean that you want to go that way all the time. I know women who are bi when it comes to short passionate and/or flirtatious relationships but long term relationships are men only, or have different relationship types depending on their partner being male or female.

sammiboo said:
Yesterday I was chatting with my friends at work and they were telling me how much it drives them mad knowing their boyfriends have girls numbers in the their phone.

I said it doesnt bother me that my boyfriend has girls numbers in his phone, he is entitled to be friends with whoever he wants.

Some of them were telling me they even delete numbers out of their boyfriends phone, even have routed around his private things? I have never ever dont that.

When I told my mates I dont get jealous, I dont route about my boyfriends stuff, they think that I am not bothered about my relationship and dont care if he cheats :confused:

I trust him, I have no reason to get jealous, I dont care if he is friends with girls. They made me feel really abnormal cos out of my group of friends i was the only one to not be bothered about my boyfriend having female friends.

Does anyone on here get jealous if their partner has friends of the opposite sex on his/her phone.

Be honest :p

I've not read this thread, had to respond straight away after reading that.. Christ Sammi, you 'friends' sound like right set of tw*ts, i'd be looking for a new set of mates if they told me that.. They got no respect for their so called lovers, why would they be any different about your privacy and secrets?? No offence intended, but that is SO OFF in my opinion..

edit: just to add, my g'friend getting attention off other blokes don't annoy me in the slightest, i like showing off and its a boost to myself that everyone wants what they can't have and i can. I trust her not to cheat on me, although i have been stung in exactly this way before but i'm not bitter about it.

Last edited:
sammiboo said:
Yesterday I was chatting with my friends at work and they were telling me how much it drives them mad knowing their boyfriends have girls numbers in the their phone.

I said it doesnt bother me that my boyfriend has girls numbers in his phone, he is entitled to be friends with whoever he wants.

Some of them were telling me they even delete numbers out of their boyfriends phone, even have routed around his private things? I have never ever dont that.

When I told my mates I dont get jealous, I dont route about my boyfriends stuff, they think that I am not bothered about my relationship and dont care if he cheats :confused:

I trust him, I have no reason to get jealous, I dont care if he is friends with girls. They made me feel really abnormal cos out of my group of friends i was the only one to not be bothered about my boyfriend having female friends.

Does anyone on here get jealous if their partner has friends of the opposite sex on his/her phone.

Be honest :p

you're exactly the same as me sam (y)
people often joke saying i dont care if my girlfriend leaves me for another man, but thats not true. its not because you dont care, its because you know you have no need to worry.
you obviously trust H and have no doubts. thats a good thing. your friends will be jealous because they dont have that same level of trust in their relationships. pity the fools :D

cazz said:
I'm now with someone who I love and trust more than anything. we have no secrets and play with each others phones looking at pictures and messages. we are completely open with each other exactly how it should be.

in a trusting relationship you should have no need to go through each other's phones, more importantly you should respect each others privacy and not want to do it. if you cant it may mean you dont really trust each other and you need to look through each others phones to make sure and satisfy your curiosity.
try having a "no phone" rule where you cant touch each others phones, then see how long it takes for suspicion to take hold. thats the real test.
besides, when you know your other half will look at your phone you wont leave evidence on it, its only when you dont look at each other's phone that you have a chance of finding something on the odd occasion when you do have a look, then you can catch them out. i'm not suggesting you have any cause to be suspicious by the way :)

blu73 said:
my g'friend getting attention off other blokes don't annoy me in the slightest, i like showing off and its a boost to myself that everyone wants what they can't have and i can.

me too.

there are 2 kinds of men in this world, those who like to show her off and those who like to keep her locked up.
you'll find the guys who like to show her off are usually the less insecure guys who believe in themselves and their relationship.
the guys who keep her locked up are the kind of guys who dont think they're good enough and have insecurities, so they doubt their ability to satisfy their other half and fear she'll leave for someone better.

jug said:
in a trusting relationship you should have no need to go through each other's phones, more importantly you should respect each others privacy and not want to do it. if you cant it may mean you dont really trust each other and you need to look through each others phones to make sure and satisfy your curiosity.

Thats my point, I have nothing to hide, but my phone is personal, I dont want anyone going through it. I have texts that are private, not me particularly, but from friends etc who dont want people knowing thier business.

I dont hide my phone, i trust him not to look in it. I dont do that to him, so hope he has the same respect. I will get him to read texts to me if i am driving though, if we are meeting up with someone.

blu73 said:
Christ Sammi, you 'friends' sound like right set of tw*ts, i'd be looking for a new set of mates if they told me that.. They got no respect for their so called lovers, why would they be any different about your privacy and secrets?? No offence intended, but that is SO OFF in my opinion..

Don't move here then - it's not out of the ordinary for a guy to drop all his female friends whilst dating.

ben said:
it's not out of the ordinary for a guy to drop all his female friends whilst dating.

thats true everywhere, and his male friends too usually, in fact any one and anything, even hobbies, and tv shows, the full lot has to go. arent relationships fun :)

If there's no trust in a relationship, then it not worth being in that relationship, its doomed from the beginning.

Tom and I both know each others passwords to such sites, as FF, ebay, he even knows my cashcard pin number.

He's been in possession of my phone before and I have his, but we trust each other totally, so no problems.

In fact, he's just been text by a certain lady... who was asking about me ;) - so certain lady I really must give you my number lol (y)

jug said:
try having a "no phone" rule where you cant touch each others phones, then see how long it takes for suspicion to take hold. thats the real test.
besides, when you know your other half will look at your phone you wont leave evidence on it, its only when you dont look at each other's phone that you have a chance of finding something on the odd occasion when you do have a look, then you can catch them out. i'm not suggesting you have any cause to be suspicious by the way :)
We don't NEED go through each others phones that wasn't what I was saying, the point I was trying to make is that we have no secrets. I'm not curious about whats on his phone because I trust him to tell me if anything was wrong. If he is in the bath and gets a phone call or message he will ask me to tell him what it says. We live together and share everything. Why would I want to keep my phone private?

Back