Are we Evil?

Currently reading:
Are we Evil?

Ant1974

Established member
1594741735_01__SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Just brought this book and can't put it down, anyone else brought it.

The first mistake is on the front cover

Read on for some of it contents, not sure if its all true as am no historian.

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/in...s-cruelty.html

it's written by a biased american who focuses upon the bad things Britain has done in it's past. he probably leaves out quite a few facts like Britain was the first country to ban slavery and that the royal navy then started to forcibly stop the slave trade. hopefully his follow up will be the evil stars and stripes 1001 ways the USA ruined the world

although i haven't read it yet so really i should reserve judgement.

Last edited:
it's written by a biased american who focuses upon the bad things Britain has done in it's past. he probably leaves out quite a few facts like Britain was the first country to ban slavery and that the royal navy then started to forcibly stop the slave trade. hopefully his follow up will be the evil stars and stripes 1001 ways the USA ruined the world

:D

He will just say "we wouldn't have slavery to ban if the UK didn't create it". Maybe a good toilet read, but nothing more.

slavery Wasn't something the British Created. if you see any Roman Film there's slaves in that. and slaves have been around for much longer before then. Britain should be praised for making slavery viewed as unacceptable. if you look at american civil war i believe one of the main reason for it was that Lincoln Wanted to abolish slavery (Britain had already outlawed it) and the Southern States or Confederates i believe (may be wrong) opposed this and so tryed to form a break away country.

The only thing i can think of ontop of my head apart from obviously America (which was really a combined european but mainly british creation) is Concentration camps. they were set up in the Boer war. although they were in no way similar to the Nazi concentration camps that were justified by the Nazis by Britain having them in the boer war.

slavery Wasn't something the British Created. if you see any Roman Film there's slaves in that. and slaves have been around for much longer before then. Britain should be praised for making slavery viewed as unacceptable. if you look at american civil war i believe one of the main reason for it was that Lincoln Wanted to abolish slavery (Britain had already outlawed it) and the Southern States or Confederates i believe (may be wrong) opposed this and so tryed to form a break away country.

The only thing i can think of ontop of my head apart from obviously America (which was really a combined european but mainly british creation) is Concentration camps. they were set up in the Boer war. although they were in no way similar to the Nazi concentration camps that were justified by the Nazis by Britain having them in the boer war.

That's irrelevant, it was the UK and Europe that took slavery to the US, not the Roman or even Egyptian empire.

i don't quite get what you mean by that. but slavery could exist today (well it does) but these days it is not socially acceptable. it is mainly Britain that changed this perception. The Royal Navy has probably been the most usefull force against slavery for example the slave trade to the carribean from africa and also the north africans who used to regularly take slaves from europe.

In that it is irrelevant whether the Romans had slavery 2000 years ago, in the same way concentration camps in the Boer war are irrelevant to Nazi concentration camps.

What is relevant is that UK & Europe took over slavery to the US, thus we created the slavery known by the modern world, again, irrelevant of whether we later tried to quash it, the point of the book is "it wouldn't have needed to be quashed if Europe didn't bring it over". It is certainly true to say that modern world slavery as we typically learn in history was set up by Europe, notably Spain and the UK amongst others.

Why not a book titled "A 101 WAYS BRITAIN (PARTICULARLY SCOTS) HELPED THE WORLD AND MANKIND" going to take cover now!!

lol That is true though :idea: we invented the steam engine well James Watt did, also John Logie invented the television, Alexander Graham Bell he was the inventor of the telephone, wow i could go on here lol ok im away to take cover also..

lol That is true though :idea: we invented the steam engine well James Watt did, also John Logie invented the television, Alexander Graham Bell he was the inventor of the telephone, wow i could go on here lol ok im away to take cover also..

Fleming-penecillin
Dunlop-pneumatic tyre
macadam-tar for roads
Macintosh-raincoat
Carnegie-American steel industry,Public librarys
jon paul jones-u.s.a. navy

1st man in the bible King James the 6th of scotland
etc etc etc

Last edited:
Back