General are stilos good cars? what about this one?

Currently reading:
General are stilos good cars? what about this one?

Yes argo it was more or less down to me this one..modding the stilo was such a waste of time with very little on the market for the car at the time but that's me and I was up for the challenge ..a challenge I now bitterly regret..the vag cars have more technology built into them and the suspension set up [independent] is one factor I do like unlike the rear beam and tyre ware that crops up time and time again on the stilo..the car its self could have been a great success but that is down to fiat with the lack luster interest in the car and a need to get it right and keep owners happy ..funny thing is though they were actually getting it right towards the end of production and then discontinued the car after sorting many of the inbuilt problems issues and concerns that owners were having..can t speak for the multi wagon though because not being an owner of one I honestly couldn't give a truthful opinion ..I do remember a friend on here that didn't fair to well though with his to the extent that fiat bought the car back off him due to the continual problems he was getting.. yep R.I.P Bombay :( I'm sure we all remember Trev..

in the end the car was very very rushed, but i love mine:yum::devil:

Hi Guys PNLs wife here..:wave:.. I have an 07 ,one of the last ones built special addition no problems with mine as lots of the toys have gone on the car so relatively beep free :slayer: did have a problem with the fuel flap the other day unable to open it husbands can be useful at times :devil:

I've owned both marques and the Stilo easily outclasses the VW for reliability (at least after 6 years and excluding beeps of course ;)) and less stuff has fallen off too :p

:yeahthat:

Fiat/Alfa/Lancia 7; VAG 3.

Thats the number of Italian cars to German I've owned, the Fiat range has beaten VAG hands down for reliability and mechanical robustness everytime. The older ones did have electrical problems but never stopped me getting home. They're also more entertaining.

had a 52 1.6 stilo ,out of all the cars ive owed that was the worse one , had it for a year and a half , broke down twice , numerous beeps and warnings , ran poor from cold , never got cured , pain to start from cold , never felt confident in it that it would get me home when out in it late at night , sold it bought an astra 1.6 sxi 02 , love it , wont have another fiat ......sorry

Hi Guys PNLs wife here..:wave:.. I have an 07 ,one of the last ones built special addition no problems with mine as lots of the toys have gone on the car so relatively beep free :slayer: did have a problem with the fuel flap the other day unable to open it husbands can be useful at times :devil:

30th Anniversary Edition?? - Nice :D

Mrs_Dogs had a 25th Anni Golf and now has an R32, both excellent trouble free cars - driving the R32 is completely different from driving the stilo, can't really see how someone could compare the both and prefer the stilo.

ive seen more VWs broke on the motorways than fiats

:ROFLMAO: wonder if this would be the case if there were as many Fiats as there are VW's on the road

Your 10 years out its our 40th one next June and her bum is still like the one you posted pworrrrr ;)..lol I dont buy her cars for her either she is her own person and a top earner running a care in the community business with a string of residential homes as well but I did point out it was cheaper to buy the stilo than the golf when she bought it..[Phil rubs his nose and hands together]:devil:

Your 10 years out its our 40th one next June and her bum is still like the one you posted pworrrrr ;)..lol I dont buy her cars for her either she is her own person and a top earner running a care in the community business with a string of residential homes as well but I did point out it was cheaper to buy the stilo than the golf when she bought it..[Phil rubs his nose and hands together]:devil:

:ROFLMAO: I was obviously confused by Mrs PNL's post...

...I have an 07 ,one of the last ones built special addition no problems with mine...

...and wrongly thought it referred to the Golf Anniversary Edition and not a Stilo :eek:. Going back to comparisons tho, before the Mk IV Anni Mrs_Dogs had an M3 that was nothing but trouble, in 2 years it had ABS system completely changed, 2 sets of disks all round, electric window pack on both doors replaced, drivers seat electrics fail, cd changer that never really worked (5 different units installed) and numerous random warning lights - put that together with some shocking customer care from the dealer she bought the car from has now put her of BMW's altogether.

:eek::eek::eek: that is Mrs Dogs................what did she see in you:p

...drugs and hypnosis!

Last edited:
We dont waste money on cars any more[well she doesnt anyway..:eek: ] we had them all in our time but nowadays and giving that we are now senior citizens :rolleyes: our needs are more get us from A to B :p

We dont waste money on cars any more[well she doesnt anyway..:eek: ] we had them all in our time but nowadays and giving that we are now senior citizens :rolleyes: our needs are more get us from A to B :p

Kinda see things the same way - i'd prefer to have a nice bike and an OK car - I nearly bought her 25th Anni Golf, but saw Koa's stilo advertised - it was cheaper, more toys, fun to drive and different looking form the norm. Mrs_Dogs is a car snob tho :(

Mrs_Dogs had a 25th Anni Golf and now has an R32, both excellent trouble free cars - driving the R32 is completely different from driving the stilo, can't really see how someone could compare the both and prefer the stilo.
You worry me a bit when you mix fantasy and fact in one sentence as I'm never sure if you're being serious ;)

No idea how an R32 drives but it's like comparing chalk and cheese.

The car drinks so much fuel I think I'd rather drive an Abarth for the sake of economy if nothing else :p

....and I'd rather own a JTD than an Abarth :cool:

You worry me a bit when you mix fantasy and fact in one sentence as I'm never sure if you're being serious ;)

No idea how an R32 drives but it's like comparing chalk and cheese.

The car drinks so much fuel I think I'd rather drive an Abarth for the sake of economy if nothing else :p

....and I'd rather own a JTD than an Abarth :cool:

:confused: what part of my reply was fact/fantasy - i was only replying to the various other "I've owned both marques and prefer the stilo anytime" comments. They are like chalk and cheese and as always it comes down to personal opinion. As for fuel, around town they're compatible (i.e. scarily thirsty) but on a motorway with the cruise control set at kinda sensible speeds - 80mph - the abarth loses out.

she got the car at a stupid price - was her company car, so has all the extras and was negotiated for when she changed jobs :D

Back