Technical Are all Fiat 500 Dualogic Time Bombs?

Currently reading:
Technical Are all Fiat 500 Dualogic Time Bombs?

tristtan

Hello, I was about to get a 2015 dualogic Fiat 500 sport with 47.000 kms, but reading some threads on the forum makes me think they are all time bombs.

Is this really the case? Is it certain that the dualogic gearbox will fail and cost me from 2k to 6k in the next months?

Its kinda weird for me thinking a maker such as Fiat puts this kind of trouble into the market so i dont want to give up on a good car out of fear.

I would like to hear if other users in general have had better experiences and were able to get their cars close to 100k kilometers without incredibly costly repairs on their gearboxes.

Am i crazy for thinking about getting a second hand Dualogic Fiat 500? Should i reconsider it?

Sorry, didn’t see you had started a new thread, so I’ve moved my answer to here.

We have a 2010 1.2 with 86,000 miles on the clock and the Dualogic is working just fine.

However, had I read this thread I also would have thought twice about buying one.

I’ve always wondered if the way you drive the car has an impact on the durability on the dualogic because it’s not a conventional automatic. We tend to always move back to neutral when waiting at lights, or in traffic. We also make sure it’s in neutral when we park and then switch off the engine.

Sorry, didn’t see you had started a new thread, so I’ve moved my answer to here.

We have a 2010 1.2 with 86,000 miles on the clock and the Dualogic is working just fine.

However, had I read this thread I also would have thought twice about buying one.

I’ve always wondered if the way you drive the car has an impact on the durability on the dualogic because it’s not a conventional automatic. We tend to always move back to neutral when waiting at lights, or in traffic. We also make sure it’s in neutral when we park and then switch off the engine.
Glad to hear there are also experiencies like this.

Im sure the way you drive has an impact on the gearbox.

Would hope to get more feedback on this thread to understand if good experiences are actually the rule considering there are hundreds of thousands Dualogic circulating.

I've had three 500 Dualogics and never had any issues. One was a 2013 Twinair - I did over 46,000 miles in just over three years and it never needed anything more than routine servicing, loved that car and I know it's still around. The other two were 1.2s with similar annual mileages, HOWEVER they were all new/pre-reg so I was the only person who drove them. I agree with Troubles, a lot of the issues will be caused by driver abuse.

Back