Arduino Controlling a Sega Master System

Currently reading:
Arduino Controlling a Sega Master System

Ok so this one is pretty geeky and won't be for everyone but I thought I'd share a little bit of one of my hobbies after Martyn suggested someone here might be interested. Well I guess there are some geeky people here so let's see!

This is the latest project in my on going Arduino experiments, an automated controller for the Sega Master System.

Enjoy!

Haha I had a master 2 system.

I do not mean this in a bad way but You're absolutely mental, Bloody brilliant but absolutely mental......I would not have sat down and thought for a second 'hey I know what I'm going to do, I'm going to build a system to play my game console on its own'.

The possiblities for this is totally endless, imagine attaching this to lawn mower or a radio controlled car? hoover? ;)

(any chance you can construct a system so that I never ever get shot in cod? and I mean ever? :D )

steve119 said:
(any chance you can construct a system so that I never ever get shot in cod? and I mean ever? :D )

I take it you mean more than just not letting you turn on the power to the console, it'd certainly stop you getting shot again haha!

Sadly that would need to be done via software and that's much harder than simulating game input :(

And thanks, it is a rather pointless device on the Master System but developing it is fun none the less :)

Ryanfaescotland said:
I take it you mean more than just not letting you turn on the power to the console, it'd certainly stop you getting shot again haha!

Sadly that would need to be done via software and that's much harder than simulating game input :(

And thanks, it is a rather pointless device on the Master System but developing it is fun none the less :)

Oh no mate its not pointless, as I said its the fact you sat down to actually think of it in the first place, for that itself is pretty amazing thinking :)

I'm a self confessed techie and this is the sort of stuff that turns my head, but programming I personally would probably get bored with :(

But now that you have done automation of a games console, will your next project be bigger? ;)

Im totally lost... what does this thing do? Play the game for you?

Stuart said:
Im totally lost... what does this thing do? Play the game for you?

Basicly yeah, you still need to program in the moves before had but after that you can just turn it on and away it goes.

Not sure what the next project is steve119 I might try doing this on another console first. Playing about with 7 segment displays just now.

So whats the point in that? The fun is playing the game? Och I dunno, new fangled technology and all that...

For a large part the fun is in the making of it. Just think of it like the car projects you see here (except with cleaner hands). What's the point in buying a busted car and fixing it up, the fun is in driving surely?

Always love an Arduino project. See many of them on Instructables. How long is the programming process?

Back