General arbarth review

Currently reading:
General arbarth review

jassyo

they said they had a drive in the esseesse but didn't show any photo's read the article in there magazine.but if they're estimated price of £13,500 is right i think that will be a bargain but then again they etimated the price of it a month ago to be £15k.....?????:confused: :)

jassyo

ps i think its just a matter of waiting i am sure they will bring out a diesel version next year.i would have a diesel abarth before the 1.4 150bhp any day but i just dont think i can wait.got to get rid of this red jinxed car of mine::( :(

Donnie Darko

thats interesting about the acceleration times, so a re-mapped sporting will by the looks of it still be quicker than the abarth!

tozzleozzle

-Butwig-
another review here, with a bit more of a drive of the SS, but this time estimating prices at 16k ! :( that would probably make it too much for me......

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Fiat-Grande-Punto-1.4T-Abarth-Essesse/228305/

great review though, a serious sporting car they say (y)

180bhp seems more like it but 4k for a extra 30bhp i dont think so! if it alredy cost 16k (prices seem to change loads might i add) thats 20k and is still 17bhp slower then a clio sport and the clio would be cheper!

4 shame, 4 shame

OP
OP
sharkrider

sharkrider

180bhp seems more like it but 4k for a extra 30bhp i dont think so! if it alredy cost 16k (prices seem to change loads might i add) thats 20k and is still 17bhp slower then a clio sport and the clio would be cheper!

4 shame, 4 shame

you also get better bucket seats, lower suspension, 18's with 40 profile rubber, and bigger brakes AS WELL as the extra 30 bhp ;)

tozzleozzle

-Butwig-
you also get better bucket seats, lower suspension, 18's with 40 profile rubber, and bigger brakes AS WELL as the extra 30 bhp ;)
sopose but i do think thats fiddiling more the improving, then again i sopose thats the point lol

Last edited:

jassyo

lol why is it jinxed

jinxed =dented before i got the car didnt notice it until 2 days after i took delivery was just out of hospital didnt get a chance to inspect it my mother picked up the car one of the sales people done it what a carry on that was to get it fixed.it has been keyed on driver side.it has been back at the dealers 12-14 times not lately though;) the drivers undertray flew off at 80 mph big fright that was. some woman smashed into me her fault still waiting for compensation she caused £4000 of damage in the bodyshop for 2 months and its not how it should be its never the same after that i have 1 alloy wheel a different colour almost. they replaced after the crash.i have giving up the chase for that to be replaced.i have had the car 18 months almostso now you know why i think its jinxed:D

jassyo

sopose but i do think thats fiddiling more the improving, then again i sopose thats the point lol

those are crazy prices they protray wouldnt pay any attention to them the esseesse will around the £16k mark love them 18s on it and the chequered foof.would have the 18"s on mine but not the cheqered roof i will have a skydome please much nicer(y)

Donnie Darko

Has somebody actually got accurate times for a remapped sporting yet then?
Tried search but only found someone who had used a calculator.

that's very true i don't think anyone really knows, maybe i should do a little video of mine. also i think the accel times in the review was for the 155bhp apparently the 180bhp is going to be 7.7 seconds

jassyo

but you're comparing standard abarth to a modified sporting, like for like mods im sure abarth be much quicker :)

yes i agree with that even the 155bhp will faster than a remapped m-jet it ain't got the big heavy diesel in it.it will be on par withthe panda 100hp for handling as well should be a hoot to drive.the only place a remapped punto will score over the the standard abarth is the motorway with mid range overtaking torque or whatever you want to call it.personally i find my gp m-jet tedious to drive at times then i drive my girlfriend's panda 100hp and it brings a big smile to my face its all fun to drive all though very bumpy due to the short wheelbase.the gp abarth will be fun to drive as is the 120bhp t-jet sporting.something the m-jet sadly lacks roll on a abarth m-jet:)

OP
OP
sharkrider

sharkrider

I'm gonna have mine on a RR on Sat 20th.... I'll post the graphs up on here, I don't know If I'll be able to do a 0-60 run on the RR, but I'll ask...... then we'll have some figures....

i know this not quite what this thread is about & i actually havn,t seen an abarth punto in the flesh so to speak, but i think the interior of the car is not exactly that enspiring. the centre consul seems to hang there if you know what i mean[ the dash part seems to hang over] now i know this seems a bit parnickity & all that but me being me i would like smoother lines inside the car aswell. am i the only one that thinks this or am i a bit over the top:confused:

Last edited:
went & had another look at pics of abarth & i,m not that impressed with the interior(n) now i,m probably being a bit harsh but.......... thats me.
the thing is when you ,re buying something like this beasty you want all the boxes ticked dont you speci, at this sort of money:D

OP
OP
sharkrider

sharkrider

I believe there is an option to get the dash trimmed in leather... that might be nice (y)