General Apple car play

Currently reading:
General Apple car play

Crawfords177

looking for some help, we have recently bought a 2018 500c it has the 7 inch touch screen no sat nav, we are not sure if it has Apple Car play, we have connected I phone 12 pro via the media input it charges the phone but thats it, siri works ok plays music etc just no sign of apple car play. I have reset the system but no joy.

looking for some help, we have recently bought a 2018 500c it has the 7 inch touch screen no sat nav, we are not sure if it has Apple Car play, we have connected I phone 12 pro via the media input it charges the phone but thats it, siri works ok plays music etc just no sign of apple car play. I have reset the system but no joy.
Is your media system Uconnect? If so I don’t believe it has apple CarPlay I may be wrong as I’m only up to speed on pre facelift 500s

I have a 2018 500S which doesn’t have Apple CarPlay or Sat Nav either. I can stream via Bluetooth, make calls, read texts etc.

SatNav and/or Apple CarPlay had to be specified at the time of ordering the car and FIAT cannot retrospectively add it.

I use my phones SatNav via Bluetooth (to better hear the directions through the stereo) and a phone holder. The plus side is there’s no car SatNav updates needed, which can be costly. My iPhone maps are up to date with free updates via iOS updates.

(On iPhone, Settings - General - CarPlay. Then hold the voice control button on steering wheel and it’s at this point CarPlay would initiate, if you had it)

Last edited:
Back