General Anything else I should do/change at same time?

Currently reading:
General Anything else I should do/change at same time?

DamnScouse

So I've just made the plunge and ordered some lowering springs (never had these before, only coilovers) and some wheel spacers.

Also changing both driveshaft nuts as whoever put the current ones on obviously doesn't know what they're doing :eek: :eek:

Also got some new bushes for the front anti roll bar, so want to try and do that, does anyone know of a way to do it without removing it from the car? Had a read on eLearn and it seems a bit in depth to remove it

However, is there anything else I should buy before next weekend that should be done/changed while I'm in the same areas as the above items?

Thanks guys

You could check the condition of the drop links, track rod ends & the like. Also give the brake line connections a clean & smear with vaseline. If you find that these components are too rusty & you are planning to keep the car for a while, now's the time to replace. Pretty straight forward stuff.

Definatly agree with jimboy on the drop links. They cost like £14 and they go all the time and you are half way to removing them when you take the strut out which also brings me to the next part I think you should change and that's the strut top bearing mount. You have to remove them to lift the spring off so makes sense to fit a new one. Thier not too expensive - about £25 per side. They do wear out sometimes but you'll be annoyed if they went in 8 months time and you pretty much have to do the job all over again ti fix it :)

Drop links have been done a few months ago

Was wondering about doing the strut top bearing mount
Is it this that I need to get? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292138976486

Damn, wish I'd looked at how to do the ARB bushes before buying them :bang:
How long did it take you to do it MikeG20 ?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
The one thing I take very seriously indeed is safety, please make sure the car is well supported, even on stands if you are trying to loosen an awkward nut or bolt you may shift the car sideways & can have serious consequences indeed.

Thanks guys
I'll get those bearings ordered then!

Might try and tackle the ARB bushes as well then if it's not too bad
jimboy always! Wheel off and under the car as well with the axle stand

Good man(y) Certainly don't want to scare anyone but a wee while back a couple of DIYers were crushed to death on separate occasions up here, very sad.

So, this is anti roll bar bush holder, as you can see, i drilled that part opposite nut, that holds upper and lower par together

IMG_20180703_113540.jpg

IMG_20180703_113530.jpg

IMG_20180703_113536.jpg

IMG_20180703_113547.jpg

Antiroll bar is flattened on that part where bush is fastened

IMG_20180703_182923.jpg

IMG_20180703_182914.jpg

Dimension of that flattened part is 17mmx20mm, so i think that bush should be 18mm inner diameter

Right, so this evening I managed to fit the rear springs and the front right spring, however I've been struggling to get the front left one to line up correctly, going to try again in the morning

Kinda wish I had bought the lower mount and friction bearing as well for the front's while I'm in there

Still not sure if/when I fancy giving the ARB bushes ago. I'm starting to think the one's I purchased/was advised fit, aren't actually going to fit, think they're a tad bit small

Back