General anyone with any info on the 5yr warranty on a 500

Currently reading:
General anyone with any info on the 5yr warranty on a 500

This is something the p'd me off horribly when I purchased my car. When I placed my deposit all the Fiat literature on the 500 talked about the 5yr warranty offered europe wide. Obviously it didnt happen but there was a number of comments by Fiat Marketing to say when it was available it would be offered to 500 owners who purchased using one of thier finance options (which I duely did)

http://www.fiat.co.uk/Community/forums/thread/1135.aspx

I was wondering if anyone had heard news on this ? esp as the latest Fiat offer is up 31Dec.

Jake

Jake, I would hope that if there was any possibility of a belated warranty extension being offered it would be extended to all 500s regardless of how the car was purchased.

I understand what you are saying though because basically you are paying more for the car when purchased this way so it could be construed that you have "Paid" up front for this alluded to warranty.

Hope you get your answer.

Rob, I suppose that technically it should have the warranty, especially as it obviously has never been modified in any shape or form. :D

i just (yesterday) had the B&M mic and one of the centre caps (it was in a box in the boot)
replaced by Thames FIAT and they didn't mention that fact that it was nearly 3" lower

modding one aspect/ part of that car will not kill the warranty on the entire car

the suspension itself has it's own warranty.

i just (yesterday) had the B&M mic and one of the centre caps (it was in a box in the boot)
replaced by Thames FIAT and they didn't mention that fact that it was nearly 3" lower

modding one aspect/ part of that car will not kill the warranty on the entire car

the suspension itself has it's own warranty.

It sounds like Thames Fiat are proper people not jobsworths. Certainly worth adding to the good garages section. Like you imply, there is no reason why an ECU remap or Suspension mods should have any affect on other parts like the ones you mention being covered but as we know, in the real world, logic isn't always in their vocabulary .

It sounds like Thames Fiat are proper people not jobsworths. Certainly worth adding to the good garages section. Like you imply, there is no reason why an ECU remap or Suspension mods should have any affect on other parts like the ones you mention being covered but as we know, in the real world, logic isn't always in their vocabulary .

yep they are good eggs

just got Abarth franchise as well

and they are 1/2 mile from the Fiat HQ so i guess they have to behave!

So is it official that all the 500's will come with a 5yr warranty or just those on finance?

When i was in the dealers the other day asking about the 500 he said it was a 3 year warranty but i noticed the sticker on the Bravo said 5 years :confused:

5 year / 100 000 km warranty in Norway :)

But all "grey import" cars are only 2 years...

On Greece u get 2 years warranty and u have to pay 300 euro (or 500 euro, not sure about the price) for the extra 3 years warranty.
I got the extra 3 years warranty for free because of the dualogic problem i had :p
Thanks Fiat!

Last edited:
In the UK its a 3yr warranty 1yr fiat 2yr deeler. In most of europe the fiat was sold with a 5yr warranty.

I placed my deposit Nov last yr expecting a 5yr uk warranty based on Fiat publicty across europe but when the car finally went on sale it only had a 3yr one. :mad: I purchased knowing this though and will be happy to pay for an extension if (when) fiat feel the need to sell the 500 in the uk with a 5yr one (y)

Back