General Anyone willing to rent/hire/lend a Classic 500 in or near Devon?

Currently reading:
General Anyone willing to rent/hire/lend a Classic 500 in or near Devon?

MojoBongo

Hi everyone,
I've been trawling the interwebs for a while now trying to find a classic Fiat 500 to rent for the weekend of our 20th wedding anniversary. There are some lovely cars, but there's always something that stops it from being feasible such as:

• pick-up too far away from our route
  • delivery too expensive
  • no dogs allowed

I'd love to know if there's anyone in the south-west of England who would be willing to rent us their car for 72 hours in August? I know how much owners love their pride and joy so I know it's not for everyone, but if you fancy sharing that special feeling with us then I'd be eternally grateful!

My wife has always loved the classic 500 so this would be a great surprise for her and the icing on the cake for a long-needed weekend away.

To make this work for us, we'd need something close to this kind of plan:

• collection available roughly near the route from Bristol to Lynmouth, or Andover to Lynmouth (we're coming from Leicestershire but wouldn't really expect to drive all the way in a classic!)
  • well behaved, fully trained dog allowed (will use blanket etc.)
  • available from Fri 6th Aug around noon to the same time on Mon 9th Aug (72 hrs)
  • happy to pootle around the lanes of Devon for likely no more than 50 miles, excluding pickup/drop-off journeys
  • not averse to being temporarily adored by my wife and I
  • £500 cash money dosh in your hand
  • able to park our car nearby

Does that float anyone's boat? Is this even realistic? Is this something people do on a casual basis? Answers on a postcard!

Thanks for reading,
Mat

Last edited:
If you get no response from the Forum, may I suggest that you get hold of iether the "Fiat 500 Enthusiasts" club or the "Fiat 500" club. Both clubs have members in Devon who might be able to help you out

Back