Anyone used Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs??

Currently reading:
Anyone used Bosch Super 4 Spark Plugs??

K

Kristian

hi, has anyone used bosch super 4 spark plugs, specifically in a fiat 1800 petrol engine? i changed mine at the weekend but the car feels alot flatter than with the old plugs. i've tried a reset but no change. i'd like to get some opinions before forking out for NGK plugs.

I always reccomend Bosch Super4's to people. I've just got boggo plugs in that my mechanic put in at last service, but i always use Bosch Super4's when i service the car myself. I reckon the would probably last longer than normal plugs, but my car gets serviced before its due anyway, so new plugs go in every 10k.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4, and owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

I've always used bosch super 4's in my car, its an 1800, never really noticed any difference in performance, but never had any problems with them either, but they get changed every 7000 so dont suppose i would notice any problems. Will continue to use them though.

ive jus had bosh super 4s on my 1.8hlx, i haven't noticed a great deal in performance difference, feels slightly more responsive tho and fuel economy has increased by a few miles per gallon

gaz

I have super 4s in my 1.8 HLX. They instantly made it smoother revving, but other than that haven't noticed any difference.

NGK

I put NGK Iridium's in my 1.6 a few months ago and it feels a lot nippier now! Starts on half a key turn!

ah, the joy of good forums. so its not me sparks then :) ill venture elsewhere for the problem...

I'd doubt there is a problem. The most likely thing is that its running better at low revs so you're not getting as much of a difference when it comes on song.

the problem seems to occur all around the rev range. it just feels very flat on acceleration. i'll post a new topic up once i've tried stuff.

most of us have agreed that our cars have good weeks, and bad weeks. mine had a bad winter, but its making up for it now, and has been a total pleasure to drive the last month or two...

may be this is the same for you.

Try a can of Forte' fgas treatment in a full or nearly tank of petrol. see how it goes after that.

Buzz
The champion of the Bravo 1.4, and owner of a Bravo 1.8

Member Page

I noticed this morning when accelerating rapidly in second that it kangaroos. not violently, but a kind of smooth kangarooing.