Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

Currently reading:
Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

Re: Re: Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

drive around really fast trying not to get caught by the police?

Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

There is a lovely motorway which runs out of Brugge and into Amsterdam, USE IT!

Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

I've already got fags and alcohol on my list of things to do and I ain't taking the car (leaving it at hull).

I was thinking more along the lines of things to do actually in Brugge, i.e. decent bars, restaurants etc. Any sights worth seeing - you know the ususl bullshit you do when you take the wife.

Regards,
Gcol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone recommend anything good to do in Brugge?

I stop over in Brugge quite frequently and its a good place for a drink!
DO NOT eat or drink in the main square thoug, its 28 Euro for two large beers!
With you back to the church head of towards the right hand corner, do not turn immediate right but go down the second one. There are two bars, a trendy, DJ'd sort of bar on the right and a real drinkers den on the left with a large bald bloke running it. This is THE place to get to know the real Brugge and its people and have a laugh. Beware the pissed lesbian though, she threw a glass at my mate which showered me in broken shards and she then proceded to slash her forehead with a bit - manic!

Its not as passe as Amsterdont is now and there are some great clubs, bars and the place dont shut!

Where are you staying, I normally stay at the Hotel Ter Duinen, which is about 5 mins walk from the centre.

Nige

Ah, if the weather is warm the centre square is superb, but as I said, expensive. A meal normally costs us over £100 for two at one of the resteraunts there for nothing special. Your best bet is to go into one of the small local bars around the square and ask the locals - they are really friendly - even to pissed up hooligans like me and my mate Si!
There are pony and trap tours around the city as well, as, once again if it sunny, it really is a pretty place. You could take a canal trip as well as the town is built around them.

Here indeed is a pic of one of the canals from January this year with my Bravo trying to get in on the act!
5dscf0030.jpg

Thanks Nige,
I'll try and find those bars and let you know next week if the lesbien is still about.
Unfortunately we're not staying overnight. Ferry from Hull tomorrow night, get pissed on boat, all day in brugge on Sunday, then ferry back home to arrive Monday morning with stacks of proper Stella (not English rubbish).
Short trip I know, but hey it's a freebie from the wife's employers - firm of accountants so it'll probably be some kind of tax fiddle.

Thanks again,
Gcol