Anyone play GRID?

Currently reading:
Anyone play GRID?

Grid - the pathetic excuse of a continuation of the TOCA Race Driver series?

Played the demo - was totally unimpressed with the total lack of pit stops: especially in a Lemans 24hr race!

I can see your arguement, but your wrong :p

The element of the Lemans is ****, can't do a career properly when a season is only 3/4 races. Most annoying part.

But it is far superior to many games, all NFS's, RacePro, all poo. Forza, Dirt and Grid are purely waxaaaa

Racedriver 3 was so good me plus 2 friends did a full length 200 laps of Indianapolis.. took an hour of driving. 5 pitstops for tyres. I almost made it on 4 stops but I lost my rear tyre on the final bend....

After 200 laps and an hours driving, I finished 2nd with less than half a second covering 1st to 3rd.

Got bored with the way Grid drives after a few minutes.

rFactor is where it's at. Aproaching the hairpin at Montreal in a little single seater I almost soiled myself as a BMW F1 approached. So loud!

I can see your arguement, but your wrong :p

The element of the Lemans is ****, can't do a career properly when a season is only 3/4 races. Most annoying part.

But it is far superior to many games, all NFS's, RacePro, all poo. Forza, Dirt and Grid are purely waxaaaa

:ROFLMAO:....just no I did used to have grid but the handling annoyed me so much I got rid of it...especially the 'drift' sections the graphics are very nice but what happened to TOCA games being sims?

I've finished CMR Dirt as I have all of the Mcrae games....it was decent but I preferred the older versions that had proper events, the rallying aspect of it which was the best part of the game (the cars looked convincing sliding about on gravel getting mucky, on tarmac they moved very oddly) has been dialed back (what happened to snow? Night events which surely could look amazing on next gen?) they've been replaced with modes to panda to americans, which is obvious as soon as the cultured tones of travis pastrana assault you on the main menu. As ever damage modeling is good at least and it features a GP..

Utter tosh.

With you there, Danny.
I loved Grid.
I guess there may be two camps, those who like their racing games like Grid (me) and those who may prefer the likes of Forza/Gran Tourismo/PGR which I find to be totally dull in terms damage models, collision physics (lack of), excitement etc

Sadly I have become so jaded that I only look at these games in order to rip off what they are doing....

Grid has very nice post-processing!

Having said that I did enjoy playing Motorstorm.....:D

With you there, Danny.
I loved Grid.
I guess there may be two camps, those who like their racing games like Grid (me) and those who may prefer the likes of Forza/Gran Tourismo/PGR which I find to be totally dull in terms damage models, collision physics (lack of), excitement etc

I like racing games....I loved the original toca games...Grid just isn't as good it is a watered down pastiche of the original games. With sim aspect lost and replaced with oooooooh look at it smash! graphics and handling that wouldn't be out of place in sega rally...

With you there, Danny.
I loved Grid.

Thank you mate! Altho you can't say Froza's **** :p

I like racing games....I loved the original toca games...Grid just isn't as good it is a watered down pastiche of the original games. With sim aspect lost and replaced with oooooooh look at it smash! graphics and handling that wouldn't be out of place in sega rally...

Stop living in the past ffs. This thread isn't called "What racing games did you like to play?" PGR is ****e, RacePro is absolutely ****e, NFS is ****e. I was mearly stating how good Grid is, (and Dirt) in the current console market. Grid has the fun aspect, the serious aspect, good graphics and the excellent Menu set up like Dirt.

1. Grid
2. Dirt
3. Forza

Nothing else imo comes even close on the Xbox. So I'm guessing no1 plays racing games on the Xbox as seen as even the best games are w*nk

I would probably have your top 3 but the other way round....I just don't agree with the direction they've taken Grid in.

I'll let you have your opinion :)

I had big things for atari with race pro but it doesn't even have damage. Played on a mates in an F1 car i think it was caught the front wheel and nothing happened. Instantley stopped playing, and haven't played it since

I dislike Grid. Also Colin Mcrae. Neither work well with my steering wheel. Forza feels perfect so does Racepro now force feedback been sorted out.
Test Drive Unlimited HArdcore mode feels ok physics.
Colin Mcrae Cars Dont slide around enough on gravel etc and the physics are way off on Grid.
But each to there own.
Im looking forward to Christmas and Forza 3 :D:slayer:

Back