Anyone know where...

Currently reading:
Anyone know where...

get a makro or costco card :D

Costco is amazing, we got a 4 grand TV for 3.

oh and i didnt buy it my dad did :eek: for himself. athough i do get to watch it. (sometimes :p)

but i do get all my alcohol from there (not promoting underage drinking :p)
because 1. its cheap and 2. theres such a huge selection.

Two questions from the convict:

1) What is the legal dinking age in Englandland?

2)Whats the driving age?

blu:devil:

PS: Never argue with an Australian. Our ancestors were chosen by the finest judges in Ye Olde England

Two questions from the convict:

1) What is the legal dinking age in Englandland?

2)Whats the driving age?

PS: Never argue with an Australian. Our ancestors were chosen by the finest judges in Ye Olde England

"Dinking age in Englandland"????? :confused: Sounds like you've been drinking when you wrote that :p

1) Legal drinking age in England is complicated. I think in your home you can drink a certain amount of alcohol in moderation under the supervision of parent/ guardian at almost any age. I have a feeling that you might need to be at least 9 years old but could be wrong.

To buy and drink alcohol legally in a PUB/ Bar you have to be 18 or over. At 16/ 17 you're legally allowed to go into a pub (on your own), but you aren't allowed to buy or drink alcohol. Below 16 you are only allowed to enter certain parts of a pub at certain times if accompanied by a parent/ guardian. It get's more confusing in that some bars have their own rules such as no-one under 18 (or even 21) are allowed in at all. Proof of ID is often needed if you don't look your age.

To buy alcohol from a shop you have to be 18 or over, and often have to provide a photo ID with proof of age if there is any doubt. The shop has the right to refuse to sell you alcohol if they believe you are under age, and most will as the fines for breaking this law are very harsh. A pub can also refuse to sell you alcohol for the same reason.

2) The legal driving age is 17 for cars and also motorcycles over 50cc. At 16 you can ride mopeds no greater than 49cc, restricted in power (I think it is 4.5 bhp) and with a top speed no greater than 33mph.

There have been calls to raise the age for the consumption and buying of alcohol, and also with tobacco products. As far as I know neither is likely to become law just yet. There was also a rumour that the Government were planning to raise the driving age as well, but again no solid basis for that at the moment.

Neither affects me as I'm well over the legal age limit, though it was kind of cool to be ID'd in a bar in New York City a few years ago when I was 31 years old! :D

why you wanna get that stuff for! the local farms round here sell cider by the barrel! (y) Thatchers (probably the best commercial cider) do 5 litres for £5.00ish, (inc. the container, then cheaper to refill.) £20ish for 5 gallon barrel and you get the choice of dry/medium/sweet Cider mmm. (hint; the dry cider is for people with an iron stomach(y) ) but then i don't spose you live round here if you're after that 'muck'

why you wanna get that stuff for! the local farms round here sell cider by the barrel! (y) Thatchers (probably the best commercial cider) do 5 litres for £5.00ish, (inc. the container, then cheaper to refill.) £20ish for 5 gallon barrel and you get the choice of dry/medium/sweet Cider mmm. (hint; the dry cider is for people with an iron stomach(y) ) but then i don't spose you live round here if you're after that 'muck'

im from oop norf. it aint for me anyway. i only like cider when im drunk, but then ill drink anything

"Dinking age in Englandland"????? :confused: Sounds like you've been drinking when you wrote that :p

I wish I was drinking, I was at school early, like all days, and catching up on what I missed while sleeping.

Over here you can drive at 16, but only with a fully licenced (ie over 21ish) driver sitting next to you, and then you can drive solo from 17/18, depending on where you live.

Drinking age here is 18, and there is a big argument over being able to drink and drive on the same day, and what kind of image that sets teenagers up for, but for me its easy, I'll take driving over drinking everyday.

Back