anyone know of any scams about

Currently reading:
anyone know of any scams about

clemo_abarth

hi has anyone heard of any scams or anything like from neatherlands about car buying ,
someone interested in my stilo abarth full askin price plus cost of shipping , just sounds abit to good :confused:

any comments welcome thanks (y)

is this on ebay? there are a lot of foreign scammers out there. To be honest shipping a car would be more trouble than its worth and why are they so desperate to pay full asking price without trying to knock you down at least a little bit??

Question it a bit more before agreeing, try getting contact details and checking them out first

(y)

no not on ebay, its on autotrader and with a car sales company, says hes been lookin for this model, he's a uk businessman from uk based in netherlands, thank for your advise(y)

I've had the same sort of scammers contact me when i was selling stuff on the loot. They ask what is the exact condition and final price of what you are selling and they offer you lots of money in return for having some-one pick it up from you for shipping.

It is too good to be true, unfortunately.

if he's a uk businessman i'd tell him to come over here and complete the sale properly.

He can ship it wherever he wants after that can't he?

dawn_of_time said:
I've had the same sort of scammers contact me when i was selling stuff on the loot. They ask what is the exact condition and final price of what you are selling and they offer you lots of money in return for having some-one pick it up from you for shipping.

It is too good to be true, unfortunately.
thanks mate thought as much(n) where are all the honest people, if he wants it and is genuine he'll call

99sei said:
heard of this, they pay the cash in to your bank in some sort of form and it takes the bank a few days to realise its false or something like that, by then you have no car

bit of a bad explanation but you should get the jist of it :D

nice one my friend, if i knew where you all lived i'd come & buy you all a pint
thanks for all the advice:worship: cheers

See:
West African Advance Fee fraud

This one is a very common scam to be aware of.

NEVER EVER sell a car to anyone without meeting them in person first... that way if think they are lying you can kick their head in on the spot! ;)

On a serious note, i would never sell without meeting the buyer, more for peace of mind than anything else!

They say they will pay full price, they then put a transfer in for more than the full price. This shows up on your account and they say they have made a mistake and ask you to transfer the difference back to them. Then after a few days the bank will advise you that the money transfer was fraudulant and cancel it. You are then left with a loss of the money you transferred back.

We get this at work as well.

I don't think many people know this but there is a section on the Auto Trader website about scams. Go to SELL at the top of the page and select car scam advice, the next screen has some options and one of them is Export Scam. There are even some suggestions about what you can do about it.
A guy at work got hit by the same thing today so you're not alone!

thanks everyone, got another one today wanting to buy for asking price
this might sound stupid but do i just ignore them & delete for my emails, i'm not to hot on this internet stuff as you can tell cheers

Hiya, to be honest i wouldn't bother selling to anyone outside the country. Only reply to emails from people in the UK and if possible change your description on your vehicle to UK buyers only to try and ward off the majority off scammers.

Its just asking for trouble,

:D

Back