Anyone Holidayed, Lived and / or worked in....

Currently reading:
Anyone Holidayed, Lived and / or worked in....

Got an opportunity to work there (Seoul) for Tesco in a very similar role to the one I'm currently in (already work for them).

Just curious as to what it's like living and working there as a foreigner. Good thing is that Tesco tend to look after their international bods but as I'm a bit of an explorer I thought I'd try to find out some info from those in the know.

christopher watson said:
Long way to go to stack shelves ;)
tumbleweed.jpg

been a special agent alongside the likes of bond gives you enough gadgets to save the world and go on fiat forum so dont be silly applesei

Last edited:
My college course was cancelled as we only had 8 students left, so i am now looking for another course to go on. So i am now at home whilst finding a course (determined not to sign on the dole).

Hey Ben. Can you add something useful to this post please (I really would appreciate YOUR insights) as the drivel-monkeys are about their business again!

I can't say much more - as litterally thats all I know. He was a teacher out there and said the working conditions (in a school) were awful compared to out here. They were worked very hard and didn't get much in the way of benefits.

However, remember this is an english school, which was run by a Korean co (obviously) - whereas if you are going to work for Tescos, I would imagine it will be a different kettle of fish...

I will speak to my manager tomorrow for you, see if i can get some better info (y)

ben said:
I can't say much more - as litterally thats all I know. He was a teacher out there and said the working conditions (in a school) were awful compared to out here. They were worked very hard and didn't get much in the way of benefits.

However, remember this is an english school, which was run by a Korean co (obviously) - whereas if you are going to work for Tescos, I would imagine it will be a different kettle of fish...

I will speak to my manager tomorrow for you, see if i can get some better info (y)

Cheers Ben. You're a star! :)

christopher watson said:
My college course was cancelled as we only had 8 students left, so i am now looking for another course to go on. So i am now at home whilst finding a course (determined not to sign on the dole).

without wishing to steal this thread have you contacted learn direct, they give advice about courses and stuff and it's free phone no.

www.learndirect.co.uk

All you have to do is ring up and they will advise you over the telephone or of course the old tinterweb.

but as for the actual reason for this thread, my old vicars son's both moved out and love it, they say its hard work, but worth it whatever that means!!

good luck both of u!!:D

ben said:
He had the day off today and yesterday so I didn't get to ask. I think he's in on Sunday though, so should be able to ask then (failing that def Monday).

iIs there anything else specific you want me to ask?

Cheers Ben.

Basically anything about the business culture and their management styles, living expenses and what it's like to live in Korea (particularly Seoul).

Also any hints and tips on general culture so as to ensure I don't offend anyone and any tips on good books to read and websites to look at on culture and language would be great.

Thanks again.

Back