Tuning Anyone here used ECOPower Remaps? in Doncaster

Currently reading:
Tuning Anyone here used ECOPower Remaps? in Doncaster

Has anyone here used EcoPower Remaps in Doncaster?

They are offering a Remap on the TA Engine, reckon it boosts output from 85BHP to 105BHP, its a Bench remap (ECU out) as they say it cannot be done via the EOBD Port, costs £220 with a guaranteed reqrite if Fiat ever overwrite it,

I would have been more happy with one of the plug in units as easy to remove if required, but can't seem to find one for the TA so just wondered if anyone had used this company and any reviews on service/quality?

Most marques are stopping the whole plug and play route (for the moment until tuners crack the coding).

What else do they re-map? Might be worth search other forums for reviews. I personally have not heard of them.

IMHO if in doubt about a tuner, then dont. Personally I'd rather pay a little extra with a company that has a great history rather than save a bit on an unknown.

Has anyone here used EcoPower Remaps in Doncaster?

They are offering a Remap on the TA Engine, reckon it boosts output from 85BHP to 105BHP, its a Bench remap (ECU out) as they say it cannot be done via the EOBD Port, costs £220 with a guaranteed reqrite if Fiat ever overwrite it,

I would have been more happy with one of the plug in units as easy to remove if required, but can't seem to find one for the TA so just wondered if anyone had used this company and any reviews on service/quality?

An authorised trader on here offers a tuning box for the TA bringing the power up to 100bhp (Click here).

The output on a standard TA is near the manfacturer's torque limit and with the tuning box it will exceed it.

On the A500 with a TMC tuning box it produces 240Nm whilst the esseese chip (essentially a re-map) gives 230Nm which exceeds the specified limit of 203Nm.

There has been a lot of debate on Re-map verus tuning boxs but at least with the tuning box it can be taken off so in theory it's not detectable.

If you decided to up the power on a TA the stopping power should be looked at. In addition it would be nice to have ESP which not only has the hill holder feature but has traction control.

There is a 'dial' on the tuning box so you can select a number to decide on the level of boost up to a recommended maximum. In addition this tuning boxs require higher octance fuel than 95.

Can you explain how the 'Bench remap' works ?

bench remap means you remove the ecu and connect it to a pc/laptop by its pins, some times but not always an ecu needs temporary bridges soldered in to read and/or write the map.
then you refit to car rr it and see how it is remove a retweek map if necessary

It will take a 'brave' individual to risk a re-map under manufacturer's warranty. If one had a 'spare' ECU like the ones 'knocking around' like on the A500 front I might risk it since it would essentially be a esseese re-map and would not have the torque excess of the tuning box option.

Ideally a re-map should be done on a RR.

It will take a 'brave' individual to risk a re-map under manufacturer's warranty.

I'm thinking it will take an even braver one to risk a re-map after it's ended :eek:.

If something breaks during the warranty period, you have at least some chance of getting someone else to foot the bill, either by reloading a factory map or by crossing your fingers & hoping nobody notices. Outside of warranty, you're on your own; it could be a very expensive experience indeed :eek::eek:.

I'm thinking it will take an even braver one to risk a re-map after it's ended :eek:.

If something breaks during the warranty period, you have at least some chance of getting someone else to foot the bill, either by reloading a factory map or by crossing your fingers & hoping nobody notices. Outside of warranty, you're on your own; it could be a very expensive experience indeed :eek::eek:.

On the Alfa side there are a number of threads on gearbox problems with the 1.6 MJ or 'boosted' T-jet / QV being the casualties. Checking out a recent supplier on turbo replacements noticed that they have yet to list the TA. If a gearbox was to get shredded on a re-mapped TA Fiat would investigate and I would expect they would not replace. In doing a re-map 'down the road' you have a greater chance of getting replacement parts off a car dismantler. TA is relatively new so replacement parts will be pricey.

An authorised trader on here offers a tuning box for the TA bringing the power up to 100bhp (Click here).

The output on a standard TA is near the manfacturer's torque limit and with the tuning box it will exceed it.

On the A500 with a TMC tuning box it produces 240Nm whilst the esseese chip (essentially a re-map) gives 230Nm which exceeds the specified limit of 203Nm.

There has been a lot of debate on Re-map verus tuning boxs but at least with the tuning box it can be taken off so in theory it's not detectable.

If you decided to up the power on a TA the stopping power should be looked at. In addition it would be nice to have ESP which not only has the hill holder feature but has traction control.

There is a 'dial' on the tuning box so you can select a number to decide on the level of boost up to a recommended maximum. In addition this tuning boxs require higher octance fuel than 95.

Very Interesting, Many Thanks

On the plus side I have the 500c TA Lounge so it comes with ESP & Hill Holder/Traction Control as standard

Will give the box serious consideration as stated its removable and tweekable,

Thanks for the info

I had my 1.4 remapped in the first few months of ownership. It was ECU out, solder a bridging connector on and then a couple of rolling road sessions while it was tweaked. But you take your chances. Due to the nature of it, Fiat can tell you've written over it. At that point your chances of warranty are pretty much dead. But in all honesty, Fiat warranty is largely a theoretical construct and if the tuner is willing to let you watch the process happen you could learn quite a bit from it.

If you're worried about whether the gearbox will cope find the model number of your gearbox and then have a rummage around the Fiat Powertrain site. They list the max torque for each box. Figure out your percentage increase in torque by talking to the tuners and see if its within the range the box can cope with. If it isn't then save yourself the grief :)

If you're worried about whether the gearbox will cope find the model number of your gearbox and then have a rummage around the Fiat Powertrain site. They list the max torque for each box. Figure out your percentage increase in torque by talking to the tuners and see if its within the range the box can cope with. If it isn't then save yourself the grief :)

Did you find out the one for the 1.4 ?

No but I haven't exceeded it yet. The car hasn't blow it up yet :)

On a previous discussion (Click here) figures of the 1.4 producing 131Nm whilst the C514 gearbox being rated for 150Nm means that you can 'drive' to your hear's content.

I had my 1.4 remapped in the first few months of ownership. It was ECU out, solder a bridging connector on and then a couple of rolling road sessions while it was tweaked. But you take your chances. Due to the nature of it, Fiat can tell you've written over it. At that point your chances of warranty are pretty much dead. But in all honesty, Fiat warranty is largely a theoretical construct and if the tuner is willing to let you watch the process happen you could learn quite a bit from it.

I haven't been able to locate those figures on the Powertrain site but I did manage to find them a few months back. They might be hoping for the tuners to figure out the actual limits through 'trail and error'.;)

Outputs of the TA is 145Nm (Click here) with the C514 / C514R gearbox rated for 150Nm. (Click here)

Given the tight margin in the TA 85bhp between the output and the limit of the gearbox (145Nm verus 150Nm) you really haven't got much room to play with.

d4nn8oy brought it to my attention how Fiat made some modifications to the C514 making it into a C514R to cope with the torque from the Multi-jet (Click here). When the MJ was first brought out the torque was reduced from 180Nm/190Nm to 145Nm to get it under the limits of the gearbox. The release of the MJ II with 95bhp resulted in using the C510 gearbox off the A500. This meant that the 200Nm/201Nm produced was below the specified limit of 206Nm.

It is possible to identify the gearbox in the 500. If the TA is using the C514R then it may have a higher tolerance than the specified limit of 150Nm for the C514.

I suspect that the 'new' 105HP (103bhp) TA model may use the C510 gearbox of the A500 the same as the MJ II. If this is the case it wasn't just a 'simple' re-map.

sorry don't agree that reputable tuners only quote in percentage increases, all be it figures quoted can often be taken with a pinch of salt as not all ponies are equal on the tuner front, insurers i tend to deal with tend to want to know the bhp rather than the %

lots of tuners out their who merely buy generic code for peanuts from the continent which makes a few tweaks, the word custom map is also thrown about widely within the market and for sub £250 it isn't, the good ones tend to either reflash for free or say £30 if it has been over written by the dealer

security coding on ecus is an in issue which has effected the VAG world for the last two years and ecus have needed bench flashing (worth noting the reputable ones carry a stock of oem fixings), in the case of tuners i deal with you can then use obd methods after that. tuning boxes have never floated my boat

i have no issues mapping a car thats within warranty, indeed my Ed35 (no ecu removal needed) has been run in properly and will be mapped in next few weeks, in reality from a VW perspective there are mod friendly dealers and those who are not (fortunately i have 2 i use who are), also no issues with cars out of warranty if they have been properly maintained and i know what the head room is on the engine and components, i am upfront with my dealer as if there is an issue i can always get the oem code reflashed

i look at the 500TA and think would i map it (i have had many doors opened due to contacts in the tuner world) and my answer remains no, reasons being Fiat dealers do not inspire confidence, i have me reservations on the head room on the main components particularly the clutch (torque is the killer), how much data is their out there on tuned TAs, i will once again get rogered with with my insurance

Would be nice keep this post alive as it would be interesting to find out if the re-map makes a big difference.

RaR

Back