General Anyone here ever had a new Panda stolen?

Currently reading:
General Anyone here ever had a new Panda stolen?

...without the key?

Just wondering how secure they are...mine just has the immobiliser and those mechanical devices (disc locks etc) are such an inconvenience.

I've had experience of thieves around the xmas/new year period in the past so 'lets be careful out there' :)

This isn't a cue to fill the thread with tips for stealing Pandas, by the way :)

Last edited:
I believe it's quite hard to steal a car by driving it away if you don't have the key. Much more likely to have it taken away on a low loader by masquerading parking enforcers. Not sure the average Panda really has the kudos to be worthy of a car thieves attention. I recall a politicans wife had hers nicked but that was a very old original model.

Sisters mk3 has been stolen.

Was a CAT-C write off because of it (stolen and then subject to criminal damage).

Not sure if they took the key to steal it, but steering shroud casing has been damaged, but wiring hasn't.

I knew all this when buying the car, and its suffered no adverse affects because of it.

Jon.

With a key immobiliser it should make it nigh on impossible to steal without the key because the key has to communicate with the ECU so that it can start.

That's the theory anyway. That's why with newer cars thefts will generally involve gaining access to the keys.

With a key immobiliser it should make it nigh on impossible to steal without the key because the key has to communicate with the ECU so that it can start.

That's the theory anyway. That's why with newer cars thefts will generally involve gaining access to the keys.

That's why it pees me off when politicians claim credit for the reduction in car crime.

If Italian car thieves don't seem to be able to nick a new Panda then I suspect it's difficult.

I use one of these in mine-

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/VCWebSteeringImob_000.htm

it folds up and fits into a bag (included) which sits in the boot secured by velcro.

The car has never been touched by a thief and I park it in a high risk area.

If Thatcham could not get through it after 5 minutes of attack I seriously doubt most thieves could. Alarms are a waste of money, a visual deterrant like this will make them move on to an unprotected car.

I have a steering wheel lock bar that sits in my passenger footwell,

hardly ever used it on steering wheel though :D

I hope you have it secured down properly... A friend was in an accident and her injuries were all down to her steering wheel lock being unsecured in the cabin of the car!

Not sure the average Panda really has the kudos to be worthy of a car thieves attention. I recall a politicans wife had hers nicked but that was a very old original model.

It was Sandra Howard and he'd had her 1987 4x4 panda from new and some tow rags smashed it up at her local train station where she had it parked.

Fiat even offered to give her a new one but she declined. We wrote to her from the Forum to offer our condolences and offers of spares to Mrs Howard as she could obviously afford a much newer car but she loved her fiat so much that she would turn up at functions in what the Daily Mail called 'Her rusty old banger....'

Michael Howards office even took the time to write back to the forum with Mrs Howard thanks for our concern.

Jim

It was Sandra Howard and he'd had her 1987 4x4 panda from new and some tow rags smashed it up at her local train station where she had it parked.

Fiat even offered to give her a new one but she declined. We wrote to her from the Forum to offer our condolences and offers of spares to Mrs Howard as she could obviously afford a much newer car but she loved her fiat so much that she would turn up at functions in what the Daily Mail called 'Her rusty old banger....'

Michael Howards office even took the time to write back to the forum with Mrs Howard thanks for our concern.

Jim

Yeah, I remember seeing that in the Paper in 2004/2005 iirc.

Wasn't technically stolen but the little ****ers really trashed it :cry:

Was in good nick also from what I remember, rust wise anyways.

Back