Anyone having problems with NTL?

Currently reading:
Anyone having problems with NTL?

Posted on behalf of Spacecowboy...

Anyone here having problems connecting to/using FF over a NTL broadband connection?

It's very strange, usually I just go to the my link and it will come up with Page Not Found after a while. But 3 or 4 times today I've been able to get onto the forum, then even into a topic, but then it will go tits up again and give me Page Not Found.

1.6 Active 5 door in Crystal Green.

http://www.clubstilo.com

I've been on here lots today and not had a problem. NTL 150kbps only however. No problems whatsoever with my BB for months.

Can be local however so maybe phone and check, they will tell you whether there is a problem in your area.

Paul

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

Try clearing out cookies first. Then switch off pooter. Disconnect power cable to modem. Leave it a minute or so. Then put power cable back in and wait til all the lights come back on. Then power up pooter again and it should be better !! Have the same trouble with mine a lot and that's wot NTL help desk told me to do. Seems to work !! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Freddy >> 1988 Uno 45S

The thing is, it should all work fine without you having to do this. Maybe minislapper, you have a faulty modem/bad cable line? Our BB is shared between about 6 computers and if it ever breaks (can't remember the last time but it has done!) there's murder as we all rely on it for so much. Stupid NTL for saying that rather than actually trying to sort out the problem.

Such a problem is usually caused by the site you are visiting (FF) rather than your connection in most cases but as FF has been fine whilst I have been using it, maybe your connection just had a bad day? Still, I would phone up NTL and just see if they have any registered faults from today on your postcode. You might even be able to do that online which will take a lot less time (?). I guess it would be a 10 minute call, 9 minutes in a queue and 1 getting a "sorry mate, it's your fault, restart your computer and it will work".

We never have troubles with ours (touch wood) so can't really advise you on what to do if it happens again other than the above and try what minislapper said, resetting equipment usually works in the short term!

----------

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

NTL is terrible, I'm on 600k and the speed was abysmal all over the weekend up until yesterday. Downloads self-aborting, page not available faults (after you've typed a 100 word reply) and I get so much spam it looks like someone's hacked their database for email addresses. Had to change email addresses again.

They even have a web page for "Why's NTL crap again today"[:(!]

Still regularly get timeouts when I know the site I'm visiting is up and running.

Pete.
1242cc cinq,turbo cinq,Cinqs&Seis Yahoo group,Clubcento

Why am I the only one to ever have a perfect time with NTL: (touch wood!)

I am a very heavy web and phone user and haven't ever had a problem with the phone and maybe 2-3 problems with my narrow BB in about 3 odd years which were fixed within hours.

Hope you all get your problems sorted, I am the first to recommend NTL: but I suppose I can't if many get troubles.

----------

Well, 20 mins on the forum this morning and no problems as yet (touch wood / cross fingers, cross legs etc...)

THanks for the suggestions everyone, thanks for posting this Purple
:)

04 Punto Sporting
1.4 16v
Broom Yellow

Mines usually alright...

Was playing up yesterday....cable modem was constantly resetting itself and then going into what looked to be an update mode.

Cleared an hr later and all's well!

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

I can't comment, never used NTL mail, ever.

----------

Back