Anyone got a trailer?

Currently reading:
Anyone got a trailer?

Re: help please!!!!!Trailer anyone

afriad your going to get a bit stung trying to move it, i managed to find someone to move the Marea for £100 to do 100mile trip (stoke-on-trent to Bristol).

i found a website on google that emails lots of transport companies and then they get back to you, i had a few quotes for £120 and i talked talked one down to £100.

best of luck,
Ry

well yeah .. whats your point?

The majority of the breakdown trucks don't have the capability of towing a car with all its wheels off the ground. If the car's wheels are on the ground when it's being towed, then it legally needs to have valid MOT/tax.

The majority of the breakdown trucks don't have the capability of towing a car with all its wheels off the ground. If the car's wheels are on the ground when it's being towed, then it legally needs to have valid MOT/tax.

every recovery truck i've been towed with is a proper flat back, plus the AAs regulations state you just need a liscense to drive the car

quick update i won the car cheap and was told the car runs and drives so i thought id be able to collect it myself now found out it doesnt.best price i got so far is 108 think im leaving it though look for something closer though

every recovery truck i've been towed with is a proper flat back, plus the AAs regulations state you just need a liscense to drive the car

I suggest you reread the AA's regulations.

http://www.theaa.com/breakdown-cover/uk-breakdown/breakdown-cover-terms-conditions-february-2009.pdf

Page 16 'General Rights To Refuse Service' clauses 3c and 3d state...

c. in its reasonable opinion, Your Vehicle was, immediately before the relevant breakdown or accident, dangerous, overladen, unroadworthy or otherwise unlawful to use on a public road;

d. in its reasonable opinion, and other than solely as a result of a failure on the part of the AA, the giving of service would involve a breach of the law (including, without in any way restricting the type of breach being referred to under this sub-clause, a breach of the AA’s health and safety duties);

Last edited:

When the AA recovered my Stilo, due to a gear actuator fault, my car was towed. They never used a flat-bed!

i've been towed on a rope by the RAC, thats some scary crap when you have huge 4 pots that really dont move without the vaccume assistance! i really wasnt happy about that or the fact the woman got a crowbar out of the van to try open my bonnet denting my brand spanking new radiator :mad:

i also had a random recovery company come out and recover the turbo when i blew the engine, he had a tow where they just lift the front end up, wasnt overly pleased but atleast i got taken home that time.

no recovery companies have ever impressed me much, i dunno why i pay the money for it TBH

i've been towed on a rope by the RAC, thats some scary crap when you have huge 4 pots that really dont move without the vaccume assistance! i really wasnt happy about that or the fact the woman got a crowbar out of the van to try open my bonnet denting my brand spanking new radiator :mad:

i also had a random recovery company come out and recover the turbo when i blew the engine, he had a tow where they just lift the front end up, wasnt overly pleased but atleast i got taken home that time.

no recovery companies have ever impressed me much, i dunno why i pay the money for it TBH

total off topic but don't see you on here much anymore, hows the marea tubby coming, read the thread a few times, looks mint

Back