Technical anyone got a subwoofer in their panda ? - can you check something please ?

Currently reading:
Technical anyone got a subwoofer in their panda ? - can you check something please ?

captainslarty

Banned
If you have the oem sub on the panda, please can you advise if it is covered by anything ? - or, just the black plastic lump sat on the carpet under the seat with the open speaker facing upwards ?.
If fitted as I think it is fitted, then the speaker is open to any bits of grit etc that could get under the seat ... ?

Just wondered ... ;)

ta. :)

If you have the oem sub on the panda, please can you advise if it is covered by anything ? - or, just the black plastic lump sat on the carpet under the seat with the open speaker facing upwards ?.
If fitted as I think it is fitted, then the speaker is open to any bits of grit etc that could get under the seat ... ?

Just wondered ... ;)

Black plastic lump. Intake hole is front left.

Grilled speaker hole faces up.

Black plastic lump. Intake hole is front left.

Grilled speaker hole faces up.

Thanks, that is interesting, there is a grill on yours ? - is it a simple cloth type ?
(Mine was out of a 500 - fits perfectly - but doesnt have a grill at all - easy enough to make though with speaker cloth....

Also, how is yours attached ? is it velcro type or 3 small brackets to floor mounts - or to seat fixed rails ?
thanks..

Just wondered ... ;)

As above, it just kinda sits there on the floor under the driver's seat (may be passenger seat on a LHD car?).

The speaker part of the sub does have a grille over it, but it's not protected from dirt/grit/dust etc.

As above, it just kinda sits there on the floor under the driver's seat (may be passenger seat on a LHD car?).

The speaker part of the sub does have a grille over it, but it's not protected from dirt/grit/dust etc.
Hi Matt, it arrived this morning - Muito Obrigado ! - speaker is open no grille at all. - otherwise mint. Need some cloth me thinks..

My apologies, I was going on memory alone (always dangerous :p).

Did you discover how it's meant to be attached to the floor and how you're going to go about achieving that?
Hi Matt, no worries ;).
No, I havent managed to suss that out yet, I need to lift the carpet really and see what, if anything - is underneath.. at the moment it has just gone in the boot ready to go to the mancave on friday for fitment at a later date, rather chaotic at the moment due to the new house and moving.:eek: - got to get the Piaggio in the garage on Saturday too.. yikes !.. then half a 'Yotts' worth of spares.. deep joy.

Last edited:
Back