General Anyone got a spare toggle switch nut thingy?

Currently reading:
General Anyone got a spare toggle switch nut thingy?

Noah500

1971 Fiat 500L LHD
I was looking at the toggle switches on my dash and I noticed that one of them had the knurled chrome threaded nut/ring installed the wrong way round i.e with the flat face outwards. On removing it, I saw why the chrome was all chipped.

Just wondering if anyone happens to have a spare one lying around that they could part with? Alternatively, does anyone know if the thread fitting is the same as classic Lucas type toggle switches, in which case I could buy some replacements online.

Here's what I mean - a bit faint but I mean the outer ring that holds the switch onto to dash

Attachments

• Toggle switches.JPG
    Toggle switches.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 41
I was looking at the toggle switches on my dash and I noticed that one of them had the knurled chrome threaded nut/ring installed the wrong way round i.e with the flat face outwards. On removing it, I saw why the chrome was all chipped.

Just wondering if anyone happens to have a spare one lying around that they could part with? Alternatively, does anyone know if the thread fitting is the same as classic Lucas type toggle switches, in which case I could buy some replacements online.

Here's what I mean - a bit faint but I mean the outer ring that holds the switch onto to dash
I expect that you will find that the Fiat 'ring'will be a metric thread, whilst the Lucas 'ring will be an imperial thread. You might find it possible to buy an old switch on e-bay.

That was my thought as well. So, Plan B: I've rubbed down the face of the ring with wet and dry, then polished it with Autosol, and washed and dried it so the rusty patches at least looks silver, if not actually chrome. I'll give it a coat or two of clear lacquer and that should be good enough.

Back