General Anyone got a black Panda with tinted windows?

Currently reading:
General Anyone got a black Panda with tinted windows?

agentsmiff

Hi, I have booked my Panda in to get its windows tinted on Monday. I have had a look but cant find any pics with it, I am sure there has to be some on here some where.

Can any point me in the right direction or does anyone have one. If so can you post a pic?

The 100HP has it's rears blacked out.

www.100hp.co.uk will more likely than not have a picture somewhere.

edit - so it does...

IMAG012A.JPG

Last edited:
As Paul implied, 100hps have factory tint, it's completely different to film so the percentage would be no help to you.

Not black, but we had my old Scooby tinted and opted for 35% on the side windows and 22% on the rear. Effect was very similar to the Panda 100hp.

Here's a photo which makes it look a bit less subtle than it was :ROFLMAO:

snside.jpg

Chris

I had my Sporting done i am sure it was 35% tint, as ADI did not want anything too dark, what i will say is that mine are nowhere near as dark as a 100hp standard tint, guy charged me £100 all in as you can see not too dark you may want to go more.

Attachments

• Tint1.jpg
    Tint1.jpg
    863.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Tint 2.jpg
    Tint 2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    855.2 KB · Views: 42
I had my Sporting done i am sure it was 35% tint, as ADI did not want anything too dark, what i will say is that mine are nowhere near as dark as a 100hp standard tint, guy charged me £100 all in as you can see not too dark you may want to go more.

Thanks for all your replies. I think I will go for around 60%. At least te sun is out, I can ome and polish it read for tomorrow. I will pop some pics on once it has been done.

Don't waste your money on a 60% tint, you'll hardly notice it, the lightest you want to go is 35% on the front doors, avoids any trouble with the law but has the effect you're looking for, be it protection from the sun or a degree of privacy. Then go for the same on the back windows for a subtle look or something darker if you want privacy. As Chris said the effect isn't as dark as that suggested by the pic of his Scooby Doo, the fronts at 35% would look similar to the first picture in arsedownoz's pics in real life.

I had my first V70 done 35% all round as that's what the kids travel in and the second came with factory tints on the back so I had the fronts done at 35% again for all round protection.

Most important thing is the quality of the film, don't waste your time/money on dyed film, go for the film that has tiny metal particles in it which reflects the heat, I don't mean mirrored film either. If the guy you're going to can explain all this to you fine, if not walk away.

Right got this done today and it looks good. I went for the 75% option, well that was what was on the sample. I didn't read your reply till just now about the the different types of tints you can get so I have no idea what I got.

I have been thinking of changing the CD player but not sure what this will look like as the unit thats in there at the moment is quite large and I dont want the new one to look out of place.

Do the windows actually look tinted, that's incredibly light?

Interesting that they're really dark. When I bought mine the percentage referred to the amount of light they allowed through, but I'm wondering if yours are dark whether they're referring to the amount of light they block so in old money they're 25% tints?

Either way, sounds like you got the effect you wanted (y)

Chris

Interesting that they're really dark. When I bought mine the percentage referred to the amount of light they allowed through, but I'm wondering if yours are dark whether they're referring to the amount of light they block so in old money they're 25% tints?

Either way, sounds like you got the effect you wanted (y)

Chris

Hi, it something about reducing the sun by 75% and heat by 95%.....ish :).
Any how it looks good so I am happy and more importantly the wife is. Now I just need to get the alloys, new ICE and spoiler.

Yep, that'll be 25% tint blocking 75% light not 75% tint.

As HP said, watch out for blue flashing lights if you've got them on the front windows. Although they're still illegal, 35% is light enough for them not to bother, 25% is asking for trouble.

Yep, that'll be 25% tint blocking 75% light not 75% tint.

As HP said, watch out for blue flashing lights if you've got them on the front windows. Although they're still illegal, 35% is light enough for them not to bother, 25% is asking for trouble.

Its ok, they are only on the back windows and rear window. Its my day off tomorow, so if its nice I will give a proper clean and post some pics.

Here are some pics :D

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • 003.JPG