General Anyone breaking an old Panda

Currently reading:
General Anyone breaking an old Panda

Karmic_Nomad

Hello all
Can anyone help? I have an old rust bucket of a 903cc (pre FIRE engine) Panda Dance. Have just got the sack of bolts weiled back together so I am going to give it one last chance before it is sent to the breakers.
Really need someone who can post parts or in the Essex area idealy.
I need loads of random parts but mainly

Doors (now there is a shock!!)
water pump
The plastic assembly nozzle that sticks out the heating matrix and connects to the rad (yes I was the **** who tried to over torque it)
a nice set of points
front break system
exhaust

I am trying to do this on a shoe-string so cheap is indeed cheerful :)

Last edited:
That is great thanks mate, not too far from me.
£3? value!! I think my Halfords man is trying to knock me. :)
Thanks I will give him a ring. :D :D

Southend-on-sea
We had a Panda Solor, Selecta, Fantasia and 2 1000cc in our breakers for ages.
Now there are none.
Wish I had stripped them clean now.
I can't remeber which points I have on it, but are the expensive kind, is it Foreeli or something?
Also need the hub bit they sit in.

Nice bunny by the way :)

Yep, they're the expensive ones on the 903cc and require the base to be changed too. Budget about £13 new from a local motor factors. Don't, under any circumstances, go to Halfrauds ;)

Welcome to the happy world of the Panda Dance :)

BTW, is yours a 1990 Dance, or the '92 version with a sticker like mine?

It's H reg which I recon is about 90. It has a little sticker on rear kind or rainbow brush affect.
Poor thing chucks out oil and water faster than I can put it in her. But my brother did about 12 hours of weilding on her and I love her so much got to give it another go.
I read a forum where some dude had his running under 50 degrees and the fan wouldn't come on.
If it aint in the red and the fan isn't having it like a chopper blade, then it aint switched on. :D
Yeah I also need the bit with the connections, is it the distributor? (had bikes before this no points all CDI)

Thanks for your help mate, really kind of you.
Wish I had come here ages ago.
You guys certainly are a friendly bunch! :)

Karmic_Nomad said:
It's H reg which I recon is about 90. It has a little sticker on rear kind or rainbow brush affect.
Aaha! So yours is the 1990 special edition model :) Same groovy seats as mine, but yours have the word 'Dance' stitched into them.

I love her so much got to give it another go
Know the feeling! ;) I'm waiting for better weather before I change the head gasket on mine...

Incidentally,
my brother did about 12 hours of weilding on her
what was welded?

Best of luck with getting the parts you need ;)

Yeah my headgasket went to, Panda Dance has its own (and slightly more expensive) gasket set which is nice. Yeah blue seats with the words dance sewed across :D

MOT inspector found what he described as a hole in the seal within 30cm of suspension mount.
What would have been more acurate would have been if he had said he found a scrap of metal within 30cm of anywhere. Little hole each side turned into a foot and a half of new seal both ends and I will now fanaticaly wash underside and repaint seal at least every six months.

I have treated my car so badly and it has performed so well.
Everyone knocked it out of me for having a Panda but the little thing did 20 miles down the A127 relentlessly for three months with half of number one plug slapping around the barrell.

£30 of repairs later and all was fine (albiet a slight bit of top end knock).
Although it wouldn't do it fast I am confident I could do Paris to Dakkar (Capetown) in it no sweat.

I tried the breakers no door unfortunatley but sounds like he has the other bits I need to get it going nice again. Thanks.

Thanks all. You maybe able to help with a mystery Pandaman. i will put it in the top forum though.

Karmic_Nomad i heard you rang up an spoke to shane, did he say they havent got any doors? i know that there is a redish/orange one that has one vgood dooor and the other has only 1 rust spot about half inch round on it, he might have thought that was no good but i said to his brother today that for a panda thats a good door :)

Karmic_Nomad said:
Yeah my headgasket went to, Panda Dance has its own (and slightly more expensive) gasket set which is nice.

Sorry to go off the thread a little, but could you tell me please what is different about the headgasket, if it's a kit with other parts, and if it's a Fiat only part or one that can be obtained from a local motor factors?

Thanks! :)

sure. I just ordered a kit through a little local garage, I think he got Fiat parts.
It listed the kits in his catalouge and the top end kit for 903cc was split between Dance and normal.
All the exact same parts except the Dance head gasket is 5 mm thicker than normal.
Think it cost around £20 which I thought was value

Seemed like a really nice guy
When he said they were rusted and rottern I pictured skeletal reamins.
Going to pop up there Saturday see what he's got.
Thanks again for the hook up.

You should have asked last March! I had a complete Marelli electronic distributor and coil from a Panda 4x4.

RIP Panda 1000CL: G781 TUT: 31/10/89 - 09/03/04 :(

Attachments

• Fiat Panda 006.jpg
    Fiat Panda 006.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 16
Karmic_Nomad - thanks for the info about the head gasket :) It's interesting that the 'Dance' one is thicker...

But that's a job for when the weather picks up.

hey.
i live in essex 2!!
kirbeys scrapyard near homebase in southend has 2 old pandas. an old black dance and a newer cl (green) hope this helps :)

Back