Anyone any good with bicycles?

Currently reading:
Anyone any good with bicycles?

Thanks for that :D I've admitted defeat and contacted the company and left my phone number so hopefully they will call back soon. Now I'm going to go and try and sand the bump strips for the millionth time this week, so no doubt it will start chucking it down AGAIN.

Re: Helz...............................

Helz I assume you know that these brakes rely on both arms pulling equally for them to work. So your problem is one is pulling harder than the other right?

To be honest I'm not all too sure what the other guys are on about but my bike has these brakes too. The screws on the side are for small adjustment but if yours are the same as mine then if that isn't working, you need to take the one not pulling as hard off via the 5/6mm allan key at the bottom - there should be three holes for the main spring bracket to sit in - so notch it up (put the spring under more pressure so it pulls harder).

Sorry if this is what you've been doing or I'm being stupid but that works for me!

That's not what I meant. I don't mean pulling in towards the wheel (That's done by the cable that you pull), I mean pulling by the spring away again. i.e if one is not coming off the wheel it would suggest it is not pulling as hard as the one the other side.

To illustrate what I'm on about unhook the brake cable. Both arms should pop away from the wheel...

The pic looks like the brakes are on, erm are the handlebars twisted round hence tightening the cable?

Liam

Yeah I twisted the handlebars the wrong way round to shift the cables out the way ;) Dr pepper you were right, having contacted the company it seems I have to undo the big bolts that shredded my allen key (I am going to buy another shortly). I hope not to have to bug you again, how stoopid am I :eek:

Back