Anybody watching...

Currently reading:
Anybody watching...

the Auschwitz program and series? Really challenging stuff, obviously important to me because I am of Polish origin and it must be remember than a huge number of Poles were killed in the concentration camps, often irrelevant of whether they were jews (i.e. "political prisoners").

It's hard for me to watch but I think people should if they can, makes you remember how ****ing evil these people were? The series quotes this "It took a lot more than the odd evil man to kill millions like this...." i.e. a lot of people were responsible, tens of thousands, not just a few "big" people.

How? Why?

:(

This is a very topical subject right now and as Paulie says, although it's painful and difficult to watch we all should to remind us of the atrocities that went on and to ensure we never allow them to happen again. Certain people in high places should remmeber this :mad:

I can't comprehend anybody who could support that, I can understand why people dislike immigration etc. but support mass murder like that of innocent men/women/children? THey must have been hit on the head as a child and fortunately can be ignored in society.

However, look at what a few people with such beliefs "achieved".

I didn't watch it unfortunately; just got back from supermarket and was in the kitchen while it was on making a giant sandwich :yum: so only heard bits of it.
I can't believe that the Slovakians paid the Nazis to take Jews away to concentration camps :eek: that people ever could or still do support this is sickening

I've made sure I've watched it it's a very good documentary.

It is absolutely incredible 1.How this can be allowed to happen, 2.How so many people can be convinced that it is right, and 3.How this happened in such recent history that it is in the lifetime of our parents and grandparents.

dave said:
tis why people must vote if they have a bnp person standing in thier area, they must go out an vote against them, dont matter if they dont like any of the other candidates, they must not let these people in :(
Yip we got one in our area :( i voted for anybody but him and encouraged everybody to do the same (y)
I do know in one high school around here (not my sons) a few of the pupils seem to be taking onboard the bnp values :bang:

I visited a concentration camp which is now a memorial in Holland and maybe if they sent all kids there as part of their education it may teach them the reality of what they see in the history books.

The sad thing is that people actually think this was the right thing to do. There was a documentary a while back when they took some young english Nazi's to one of the camps in Poland and they actually believed that it was all staged to make the Nazi's look bad and that it never really happened.

I see no reason for outlawing these parties.

Andy

I will visit Auschwitz in the next few years, it's something I must do, my Grandfather was hours away from either being sent to such camps/siberia (depending which side got him first) but managed to steal a motorcycle and sidecar and made it to the Romanian border at which point he was put into a prison camp but was looked after well until he broke out after a few weeks (twice, was caught the first time by dogs) and eventually went to Canada and then England. He was in the Polish Airforce, a lot of his friends who didn't manage to get transport (when they marched southwards from Gdansk) weren't seen again :(

I don't know how many of you know this but the Germans are currently fighting for landrights when they moved the boreder after '45. I am not kidding, these Germans are going to Poland and saying "3 generations ago my family owned this land so I own it now". The Poles thankfully are having none of it.

I have a great Grandfather who fought the British in WW1 for Germany, have a Grandfather who fought for Britain in WW2 which later caused my great Grandfather to be stripped of ALL his farm land (huge) by the communists. What a messed up world it can be.

Just thought I would bring this up again since I am watching the final episode and it has really upset me again.

1.3 million (1.3 MILLION!!!) went there, 1.1 million dead in 4 years. I can't believe that people can do such a thing.

Not sure how many people know but quite a few Nazis from the camps fled (well, all of them, not just from the camps) and some were captured, others still supposedly at large today. Yet despite this, a number of jews still have to live with the terror and loss. What a **** world it is.

I think BBC needs praising for such a great series.

What you want to round up these 80 year olds and keep them in prison for their small parts in the tragedy? I mean we've only recently got rid of Hess we don't want to start all that again! Seriously I feel it's time to let it go!!!!

Excellent program though, I think I missed one but a great series very informative.

ROund them all up yes. You know I feel strongly about this. If anybody can be proven to have helped towards the serial murder of anybody be it in this or anything, age should mean jack. These people are the lowest of the low. **** them all.

I know you feel strongly about this. But I still think you're wrong. OK OK so if there really are Germans out there who were part of the mastermind for the tragedy then I'm with you, but the fact is that obviously they would have been found at the time if it were possible for them to be found.

On top of that, as I believe the program has shown, the vast majority of those involved were just following orders, they would have been shot had they not, and/or had been convinced what they were doing was right by the mastermind that was Hitler and his government. These pensioners should be left well alone, as should ours. Or troops killed thousands, but had we lost would you still think it were right for them to be locked up/strung up? After all this is what Hitler would have done... should we sink to his level?

Back