Anybody use cross ballpoint pens?

Currently reading:
Anybody use cross ballpoint pens?

If so, let me know. The pens are great, refilling the pen with £2.50 refills every few weeks isn't.

I now have a supplier from America who will sell me compatible refills (as good, I swear by them!) dirt cheap.

I think he can only do the century style (thin) pens, not ATX etc.

I am not 100% sure how much I paid but i think $10 inc. postage for 15.

Paul

My dad uses one he has had the same cross pen for 30 years I think, and he does have trouble getting refills I think they are only available at some jewelers etc and really expensive. I don't know whether these will be the same cartridges though, but a cheap supplier would be good.

Personally I use wilkinson's best biros (20 for £1!)

Ah, I got a gold Cross pen lying around the house somewhere, but haven't seen it for 10 years, lol.

Personally, I like to use Zebra Jimnie Medium - all foc, I just sign the works account at the local stationers ;)

Well, if he uses #8513 refills then I can pass on some details in either direction.

I have a few cross pens, first was expensive (for me!) from Jessops (John Lewis) and a basalt black ink pen, beautiful pen, clogs up monthly though. Good job I have free lifetime guarantee, when it clogs I send it back and it comes back as new. Reckon they replace it every time (not the body or lid though). Bought the same style pencil from ebay cheap and also a couple of the pens that take these refills from ebay in the mean time.

I now just use the cross ballpoints for day to day work (prefer the feel and balance of metal pens and I write a hell of a lot every day!) so it cost me a bomb!

I can't imagine your dads being the same style though given the age. I can't get the refills though from most WHSMITH stores/all other basic stationary stores, upper market ones offer them usually though. :)

Back