General Anybody know what this is in Panda engine bay?

Currently reading:
General Anybody know what this is in Panda engine bay?

This is in the Engine bay of my recently acquired 750L. I've never seen one before and don't have any idea what it is.....

So I shall put the question to the floor.

Any ideas folks?

PIC_0008.JPG

PIC_00091.JPG

Thanks in anticipation.

Vin

Provides the Full/Dip ( in fact the Dip ) for the headlights.
Rgds.

yup, ditto under the bonnet catch where it seems to catch all the rust off the road.

thats only in the selectas. the one in my parade is like the 750 the one in my selecta is over the bonnet catch.:)

Alex B said:
thats only in the selectas. the one in my parade is like the 750 the one in my selecta is over the bonnet catch.:)

it cant just be the selectas, as the 1000cl in my local scrapyard had this thing under the bonnet catch (now in the boot of my car).

Vin said:
This is in the Engine bay of my recently acquired 750L. I've never seen one before and don't have any idea what it is.....

So I shall put the question to the floor.

Any ideas folks?

PIC_0008.JPG

PIC_00091.JPG

Thanks in anticipation.

Vin
its a voltage reducer.
on the fiat tipo it makes the headlights come on at half there brightness when you just have your side lights on. they can fall to bits as they get hot. but you can disconnect it if you have problems with it with no ill side effects .

christopher watson said:
it cant just be the selectas, as the 1000cl in my local scrapyard had this thing under the bonnet catch (now in the boot of my car).

another example of fiats philosophy IMO "bolt it where theres space" or "we will put some on some cars but not on others" lol you know what i mean. :)

runninggoose said:
its a voltage reducer.
on the fiat tipo it makes the headlights come on at half there brightness when you just have your side lights on. they can fall to bits as they get hot. but you can disconnect it if you have problems with it with no ill side effects .

That would be the old 'dim dip' system that the EU made cars use in the early 90's that disappeared as quickly as it came in....

Jim

Back