Anybody know anything about BMW's

Currently reading:
Anybody know anything about BMW's

eamonnf

Established member
Hi,

Selling my daily runner and another Mazda recently aquired to fund the purchase of a BMW 316/8 Coupe prob around a 1999. There really cheap over here in Ireland and I've always liked them used to have an E36 years ago.

Any thoughts or things to look out far? and are parts going to empty the bank account?

As always any responses really appreciated

Cheers for the reply - other than being slow are they strong I wonder speed not a major issue, Reliablity on the other hand is paramount I know there getting on now but obviously I dont want a money pit!

a friend of mine had a 316 a few years back and made an interesting discovery. parts aren't as expensive as you think. his had a few little faults all of which were fixed with a trip to the BMW parts counter. i'm sure if you had an M5 or something things get more complicated and costs go up but BMW seem to be quite sensible on parts for the basic models.

go for the 1.8 for a bit of extra power as the smaller engine in a 'well built" (heavy) german car means that the MPG between the 1.6 and 1.8 isn't really much different but the available power is.

Cheers Andy I was thinking that, 1.8's seem more plentiful which is prob a good indication...mate had a 328 a few years ago and I know i cant afford the running cost of that but I always liked them after that. (y)

Back