General Anybody got a good reliable Cinq or do they all have hundreds of problems?

Currently reading:
General Anybody got a good reliable Cinq or do they all have hundreds of problems?

tomandsophie

I have recently bought a 96 N Cinq Sporting, and it has coughed up countless problems and we've only had it a couple of weeks! Everybody I speak to who owns one seems to say that they cost loads of money to keep on the road and they need repairing pretty much every month! Is this generally true, or can they be good cars too?

Without totally scuppering myself so I'll say this v quietly as cinqy's in earshot that my car I almost completely trust 100% to get me about - only times it has 'broken down' is clutch cable snapping so not really broken down just a mild irritation and hinderance. I've had it since Feb 98 and driven over 125,000 miles in it. Obviously due to its mileage it's suffered usual wear n tear but I'd say at the moment in its old age its running better than ever :D

Em

cinqs have there problems but all are reletively cheap to fix and diagnose. if you learn and do the easy bits yourself, ull save yourself a packet! if you go running to a garage everytime theres a funny noise then ull be forever fixing it.

cinqs are great and just like with every car, things do go wrong but as sie said, if you look after the cinq, the cinq will look after you.

In theory the cinq is a winner, the fantastically reliable fiat FIRE engine (capable of 200,000+ miles) inside a bodyshell with 100% galvanised outer panels.

It is usually let down by small niggles. I found when i first bought my car i did have a lot of problems with it, but persevere and six months down the line with a little bit of owner input and TLC, and you will have a suberb car which won't let you down.

Phil

my car has had a couple of problems its not a sporting but it gets me from a to b. the mot last time was high but since then i have had hardly any problems with it and its great fun to drive. it does exactly what it says on the tin

drives you from a to b

oh and its more reliable than my mum and dads rover 45 thats got half the amount of mileage my car has on it and that cars a w or y reg

Back