Styling Any1 wanting 15" alloys.

Currently reading:
Styling Any1 wanting 15" alloys.

As promised to sx addict and oddball and anyone else i said i would get these photos for, as there was a couple of threads these photos were for.
These are the rear arms on my sei sporting so i could fit my 15"s. as you can see its not as bad as it sounds.

OZ

Attachments

• DSCN0130.JPG
    DSCN0130.JPG
    1,001.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCN0131.JPG
    DSCN0131.JPG
    948.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN0132.JPG
    DSCN0132.JPG
    978.8 KB · Views: 23
edges are trimmed/cut back a bit and then welded to strengten the join, actually stronger than the original Fiat job too. No problems with MOT either.

OZ

edges are trimmed/cut back a bit and then welded to strengten the join, actually stronger than the original Fiat job too. No problems with MOT either.

Am I right in thinking that you grind away the sticky-out flanges and weld it up? If so, it would certainly be stronger than the Fiat (production engineered) method: do it all the way round (in small sections to avoid distortion) and it'd probably be more corrosion resistant, too. And lighter!:)

Its not full proof but lads, the tires still scrub on the whell arch if you hit a pothole, especially if you have some one in the back.
6" wide wheels maybe the best to avoid doing arm or arch work.

OZ

The younger modder said:
yes but do you mean theyre rubbing on the outer arch lips? im on about do they rub on the inner arch panel behind the wheel?

wayne

Get some spacers then

Back