Any weight lifters on the forum?

Currently reading:
Any weight lifters on the forum?

Can someone critique this please. Been doing it a while but swapped round to accomodate for more cardio.

Sunday: chest/triceps
Monday: back/biceps
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Shoulders/Legs
Thursday: Triceps/Traps/Abs
Friday: Cardio

What do you reckon guys?

I used to do chest again on the thursday but figured its not a good idea to do chest straight after shooulders on the wednesday. I do want to do the chest twice a week but its more or less impossible if i want to give legs rest before the run on friday

any suggestions?

Last edited:
It depends on what exercises you do for each workout. For example, when you do chest do you do many variations of the same exercise?

A push/pull split could work in your favour. You wouldn't have to change any exercises and it could look like this:

Sunday: Push
Monday: Pull
Tuesday: Cardio
Wednesday: Push
Thursday: Pull
Friday: Cardio

Push exercises would be anything where a joint extends (i.e. bench press, shoulder press, squats) and pull exercises the opposite (i.e. lat pulldown, rows etc).

That way you would get 2 workouts per week for each muscle group and the 2 days cardio.

Just a quick question, I need to do 44 press ups in two minutes...at the moment I suck...is it best to do for example 10 a day, or have a rest day?

Same with pull ups, I don't have to do a minium, but would like to do at least 10 unassisted. At the moment I can do them assisted with 45kg.

Any help would be great!

Back