General Any UK male Fiat 500 owners?

Currently reading:
General Any UK male Fiat 500 owners?

Man500

I’m potentially buying a Fiat 500, but worried I’m buying a girls car. 😂 I know it’s stereotypically a female car, all the YouTube reviews are women trying to work out what the buttons on the dashboard do lol.
Are there any UK male owners? What got you over the stigma? Lol

I’m potentially buying a Fiat 500, but worried I’m buying a girls car. 😂 I know it’s stereotypically a female car, all the YouTube reviews are women trying to work out what the buttons on the dashboard do lol.
Are there any UK male owners? What got you over the stigma? Lol
If you're really worried about that, get the Abarth version!

It's not stereotyping if that is the car all the young girls want. Besides, being LGBTQI+ is seen as trendy now!!

Sadly, most cool cars have died off and whats left is bland and dull. I'd go GTR is I had the money

Ive recently bought my 1st 500

Sat at traffic lights I saw an identical car at the front of opposite queue..

Thought I would wave as we passed..

Older bloke in a flat cap - not my friend in his twinair either

Its NOT that exclusive a club ;-)
I favour a deerstalker myself!

Often been asked if I'm driving my daughter's car - doesn't faze me.

If you're worried about the image of a 500 why not get a Panda?
They are virtually identical under the skin.
More practical with 5 doors.
Probably a bit cheaper on a like for like basis, even their insurance groups are a few notches below the 500 trim for trim.
They also don't have some of the 500 foibles like dodgy door handles and suspect wiring to the tailgate.

I once bought some 17" alloys from a geezer who put them on his 500. The photos of it did make it look a bit of a boy..:cool: but sadly his insurance company agreed and doubled his premium, hence the wheels were sold.

If you're not convinced of the standard beast.. just stick huge rims on it.. :geek:

Ralf S.

That's just a 500 with a bigger engine and a manly chin :D

jamesbottomtooth.jpg

Tbh, I think the abarth front bumper ruins the look of the car

jamesbottomtooth.jpg

Tbh, I think the abarth front bumper ruins the look of the car

Not as cute maybe, but it's necessary for the twin intercooler ducting, and makes it look more like the best known of the original Abarth 500s - the 850TC

Fiat-Abarth-850TC-Berlina.jpg

...Though I am rather glad they didn't go for 100% originality and permanently prop the hatchback open!

I'm a man and I have no problems at all driving my wife's 500. It's in Azure blue with white wheel trims too, so not even a manly colour. To make the stakes even higher I have long hair, so if the driver behind has any preconceptions he's in for a nasty surprise when he finds out.

My car has a supercharged V8 so the frugal Fiat is sometimes welcome...

I'm a man and I have no problems at all driving my wife's 500. It's in Azure blue with white wheel trims too, so not even a manly colour. To make the stakes even higher I have long hair, so if the driver behind has any preconceptions he's in for a nasty surprise when he finds out.

My car has a supercharged V8 so the frugal Fiat is sometimes welcome...

I've gone one stage further - my highly modified 350 bhp 15mpg Subaru (spent well over a year building it) has gone now, and the Abarth is my only car. Only miss the Subaru when it's time to do dump trips tbh - not much room for skip fodder in a tiny Fiat :D

I've gone one stage further - my highly modified 350 bhp 15mpg Subaru (spent well over a year building it) has gone now, and the Abarth is my only car. Only miss the Subaru when it's time to do dump trips tbh - not much room for skip fodder in a tiny Fiat :D
Conversely my XKR is no good for tip runs because the back seats (I say seats, they're leather shelves not fit for humans) are fixed. Despite being half the size of the Jag I have to use the 500 to take anything bigger than a shoebox to the tip.

Back