General any one help????

Currently reading:
General any one help????

luke64

is this true that if you wire your subb - to + opersite if you no what i mean?this will push the subb not pull it or summat along them lines or is this harmfull for the subb etc.many thanks if any one can help

can you explain ?what goes to what from sub inside the box an to the amp thanks again

cheer i was just told if i wire it the opersite way round it will sound depper cuz it will push or summat like that thanks again

Sound from speakers where the main 'voice' is reflected often needs to be inverse phase, maybe the reason that it was said but the reason you do that is to help remove phase cancelling from other speakers.

If you are running two subs it is sometimes good to wire them the opposite way around so that as one sub pushes out the other goes in this way you can achive a get a nicer sound although the bass wont be as loud. Im not sure about the physics of it all but it worked well with my old setup. I wouldn't advise wiring a single sub the wrong way around or you will end up with no bass as the idea of a sub is to move air on bass and it will not do this when it is moving inwards on bass. If you are looking for loud bass have the subs both wired the same and correct way round therefore making them both move outwards on bass.

Rich.

Back