Styling any one help?

Currently reading:
Styling any one help?

luke64

is this true that if you wire your subb - to + opersite if you no what i mean?this will push the subb not pull it or summat along them lines or is this harmfull for the subb etc.many thanks if any one can help

You mean wiring out of phase? You wouldn't want to do it really - it'll sound bad (n) The only time you'd want to do it is if you're inverting the sub.

chaos said:
You mean wiring out of phase? You wouldn't want to do it really - it'll sound bad (n) The only time you'd want to do it is if you're inverting the sub.

Lots of big end home hifi have phase switches like my 15"kef sub normally these are found on bigger or more powerful speakers

gt3man said:
Lots of big end home hifi have phase switches like my 15"kef sub normally these are found on bigger or more powerful speakers

But tuning the phase by a few degrees to integrate the sub into the soundstage better (if so required) is a bit different to flipping the phase a full 180 degrees ;)

I am not really into stereo systems like i once was.. My question is how can the phase output of a speaker be flipped a few degrees like you say or suggest it can.. Oppose to the 180 it is required to run out of phase. Surely is not the speaker either in phase or out of phase. IE pulling rather than pushing :confused: There is no in between I am aware of please enlighten me.. 180 is just half of 360 these numbers mean nothing is just in or out as I see it but i'm not a budding enthusiast like maybe you are by the sounds

I think maybe u mean by turning the cross over level to intergrate the sound stage.. no sub i have ever seen has a phase level adjustment other than on a switch 0 - 180 ?????????

Last edited:
gt3man said:
I am not really into stereo systems like i once was.. My question is how can the phase output of a speaker be flipped a few degrees like you say or suggest it can.. Oppose to the 180 it is required to run out of phase. Surely is not the speaker either in phase or out of phase. IE pulling rather than pushing :confused: There is no in between I am aware of please enlighten me.. 180 is just half of 360 these numbers mean nothing is just in or out as I see it but i'm not a budding enthusiast like maybe you are by the sounds

I think maybe u mean by turning the cross over level to intergrate the sound stage.. no sub i have ever seen has a phase level adjustment other than on a switch 0 - 180 ?????????

Sorry, scrap it - I should not be allowed anywhere near a keyboard in the early hours of the morning :). I was going off the phase switch off one of my amps which I mistook as a dial instead of a 2 way switch (0 to 180 degrees). Apologies :eek:

Back