Technical any one fitted HIDS ?

Currently reading:
Technical any one fitted HIDS ?

First of all HID (high itensity discharge) = Xenon. Xenon is a gas inside the bulb, and a HID is principle of lifghtning the gas inside the bulb with an arc of voltage of up to 30000V. Works similar to neon tube light.

Another thing, halogen light works on principle of dispersed light, and Xenon is focused with lense in front of the bulb.

If you want to install Xenon/HID light system on your Bravo/Brava/Marea, you need to purchase complete headlights of Marea HLX and then you proceed with installation of complete HID kit H1 (2 transformers, 2 bulbs, 2 pairs of special cables - all included in kit).

If choose that installation is done in FIAT's garage, you will not have any problems with your MOT or homologation.

Cheers...

yes you could do that or just fit the bulbs and get on with driving the car unless the beam pattern is a danger to other motorists or you go for a higher k value and want a colour tinge with the lamps in all probability you will never have a problem with the police or even the MOT test center and if you are unsure about it passing the mot then simply swap the h1 lamps back in again .

this is not a guaranteed or the correct method of fitting HIDS or the LEGAL way of doing it however you are less likely to have a problem with them fitted than you will for driving a couple of mph fast or braking in a sudden and dangerous manor or pulling out with out indicating etc so just go a head and fit them get the beams aligned and enjoy the extra safety
that proper illumination gives you
if they do cause you a problem please remember that you choose to fit them and responsibility lies with you

yes you could do that or just fit the bulbs and get on with driving the car unless the beam pattern is a danger to other motorists or you go for a higher k value and want a colour tinge with the lamps in all probability you will never have a problem with the police or even the MOT test center and if you are unsure about it passing the mot then simply swap the h1 lamps back in again .

this is not a guaranteed or the correct method of fitting HIDS or the LEGAL way of doing it however you are less likely to have a problem with them fitted than you will for driving a couple of mph fast or braking in a sudden and dangerous manor or pulling out with out indicating etc so just go a head and fit them get the beams aligned and enjoy the extra safety
that proper illumination gives you
if they do cause you a problem please remember that you choose to fit them and responsibility lies with you

Not so easy to swap them and to remove cables and ballasts. There is also a hole in dipped beam lights' cover made to enable H1 HID bulb to pass through and to connect the power supply.

If you do it in FIAT's garage, like I did, no any problems EVER;
procedure is as follows:

- buy new headlights with projector:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fiat-marea-weekend-headlights-/280521651781

- buy H1 HID kit
http://www.auktionsabwicklung.de/afterbuy/shop/storefront/start.aspx?shopid=19994 - i bought this one with 8300K

- bring everything to FIAT's garage and have it installed, connected and light beam adjusted properly.

- make sure that FIAT technicians have entered comments in your service record book - later on that record will serve as proof of acceptance, overulling need for homologation requested by MOT guys.

Then you will have something like this (mine):
http://s258.photobucket.com/albums/hh252/exhaust2/?action=view&current=25092007240.jpg&newest=1

HID/Xenon light beam cannot be properly adjusted if you have old fashion "grilled" glass cover of your headlights. Light beam will be dispersed all over the place without projector.:cool:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Not strictly speaking a Marea but I have a Bravo with projectors and HIDs. The dipped beam outperforms the main beams with 6000k bulbs and ballasts..... Over here much the same law applies but a "if it looks alright its grand" attitude also applies ie as long as its not ridiculous blue or yellow (like my main beams :devil:) no remarks are passed. Avoid flashing the HIDs as this shortens their lifespan

Not strictly speaking a Marea but I have a Bravo with projectors and HIDs. The dipped beam outperforms the main beams with 6000k bulbs and ballasts..... Over here much the same law applies but a "if it looks alright its grand" attitude also applies ie as long as its not ridiculous blue or yellow (like my main beams :devil:) no remarks are passed. Avoid flashing the HIDs as this shortens their lifespan

Completely agree with you.
After installation HID to BRAVO/BRAVA/MAREA with projector headlights, there is no need for main beam lights....:worship:

That's not entirely true, I've 35watt HIDS for dipped and 55watt HIDS for the main, the dipped beam is a great improvement over standard but not as good as when you use the standard full beams.

I never had any trouble with coppers or the MOT station and both my HIDS are 8000k very slightly blue.

That's not entirely true, I've 35watt HIDS for dipped and 55watt HIDS for the main, the dipped beam is a great improvement over standard but not as good as when you use the standard full beams.

I never had any trouble with coppers or the MOT station and both my HIDS are 8000k very slightly blue.

so we just buy the hids replace our old bulbs with the hids job done is that correct or do i need to do anything else i'll wait till next week till after the m o t ..

so we just buy the hids replace our old bulbs with the hids job done is that correct or do i need to do anything else i'll wait till next week till after the m o t ..

You need to have marea HLX projector headlights to make it worth fully what you paid for. And HID on main beams is not recommended as flashing of the main beams or frequent switching off and on will shorten their life (HID in main beams).

So, somebody will ask how the guys with bi-xenon do it? - simply, one bulb and lense but in between there is a mechanical so called shader moving up or down, changing focus of the bulb. The light is permanent.

Yeah Andy just buy the kit and fit, it's not just a bulb replacement tho.

You'll need to make a hole in the back of the grey bulb cover to feed the wires through and fix the ballast, small metal box about the size of two fag packets, and just connect up the wiring as per instructions.

Pretty easy and basic install jobby.

Have any probs let me know and I'll help all I can.

Back