General any one fitted a savage universal back box?

Currently reading:
General any one fitted a savage universal back box?

bleach tastes nice

hey peeps, hope your all doin good?

i was thinking of buyin a back box for my 889 cinq, its one of they universal ones, 4'' made by savage

i think it will look good, and they say it will sound good :rolleyes:

cheers for the responses on my previous threads

:devil: bleach tastes nice :devil:

Dont expect good power gains and will need a custom exhaust place to get it to fit as will need some more pipe added, also if you want it straight will have to be in middleish of bumper due to trailing arms, the jap can style things do sound so nice though, may be my low comp pistons that do that though :eek:

Edit: Think alex22 selling a brand new one in box :D drop him a pm :D :p

Last edited:
:cool: :D
21122005_020_.jpg

thanks for the replys, and dam it looks good!! (y)
is that a 4'' ?

wasnt expecting power gains, really just wanted the sound and looks :slayer:

see if i was to try put it on, would i be able to use some sort of piping for the extention GhostWKD mentioned my self as i wouldnt want to shell out to get it fitted if i could DIY it?

cheers, bleach

bleach tastes nice said:
see if i was to try put it on, would i be able to use some sort of piping for the extention GhostWKD mentioned my self as i wouldnt want to shell out to get it fitted if i could DIY it?

cheers, bleach

to be honest id be very suprised if you could fit it yourself without it blowing like a cheap whore, its not a case of stickin a bit of pip on the end and joining that to the midsection, the pipe will have to be welded onto the back box, then bent around the fuel tank before lining up with the midsection, then u will have to fabricate 2 mounts for the box to attach it to the underside of the car.

and for the ammount of work that would need, u might as well go the whole hog and get a custom back box and have it all done at the same time. (y)

I'll have to disagree, only because I can (lol @ Mcfly reference)

The standard box and piping is already routed, so you can just cut and sleeve and clamp the new box.

My custom exhaust place charges £80 fitted for a aftermarket backbox (that includes the backbox in the price) so personally I wouldnt get my hands dirty...

fitting exhausts is easy if you have access to a pipebender, saws, lots of scrap pieces of flat and a mig welder. probably best left to someone with equipment.
and you WILL lose power, its not going to be that noticible though

Catseyes said:
I'll have to disagree, only because I can (lol @ Mcfly reference)

The standard box and piping is already routed, so you can just cut and sleeve and clamp the new box.

My custom exhaust place charges £80 fitted for a aftermarket backbox (that includes the backbox in the price) so personally I wouldnt get my hands dirty...

however... IMO if u look at ghosts box (ooo er) u will notice that it is not as long as the standard back box, so it doesnt look as easy as cutting and clamping, as the pipe running from the standard mid-section to the standard back box wont reach the new universal back box.... so a section of pipe will have to be measured up, then welded in to make sure its all connected.... plus my point about havin a new mount fabricated for the back box to be supported just under the bumper still stands.

but then again... my experience fitting universal back boxes is rather limited :D

but i do have to say that £80 for a custom back box is an awesome price (y)

Back