Any good car deals ???

Currently reading:
Any good car deals ???

Hi All

I'm considering leaving the FIAT clan and changing the Stilo.

I'm eyeing up the SEAT Leon and the FIAT Bravo, I'm specifically after a diesel. I've been searching the web for either pre-registered or ex-demo models but I haven't really come across any bargains, which I find unusual for this time of year.

If anyone knows of any web-sites or dealers where there are good deals to be had please feel free to post them up.

Cheers!

Well, I'm after a car in this sector, the only thing that takes my fancy are Leon, Bravo or Civic.

It's finding a good deal though, cars are bloody expensive at the moment, what happened to the good old days of pre-registering to increase sales figures ???

It's finding a good deal though, cars are bloody expensive at the moment, what happened to the good old days of pre-registering to increase sales figures ???

Fiat dealers still do it.
Also your local Fiat dealer should be able to match or at least come close to the fiatsupasaver prices, Means you get to see your car before you buy it and there isn't any issue over the 3rd year warranty. Which would be important to me if I was buying a new Fiat.

its sad to admit but the 3 best cars in the class are all VAG.
golf, leon or a3 are all great. personally i'd go for the leon because it looks better, costs less, is less common, and best of all it doesnt have the usual VAG image. you can get a leon FR for £17k before you even argue for a discount, the bravo sport will cost you £1000 less but the higher depreciation on the bravo will actually make it more expensive. if you go for focus or astra then you're in bravo territory, its hard to choose between them imo. the civic is a bit of an oddball, nothing bad about it, but nothing great, so why bother. as long as you dont buy french you've made the right decision.

Last edited:
i sell seats and mazdas for a living, was covering in fiat for a month, 6 weeks back too. no bias here but imo the Leon has it hands down, now the Bravo has come on leaps and bounds and looks very good but my money would go on the Leon.

atm (this quarter) there are no deals on new diesel Leons, but we do have two demos available for sale: an '07 2.0 TDi 6 spd Reference Spt with less than 6k on the clock for £14495 and a '56 1.9 TDi Reference with 18k for £11995. we're in Lincoln, give me a shout if your interested!

i sell seats and mazdas for a living, was covering in fiat for a month, 6 weeks back too. no bias here but imo the Leon has it hands down, now the Bravo has come on leaps and bounds and looks very good but my money would go on the Leon.

atm (this quarter) there are no deals on new diesel Leons, but we do have two demos available for sale: an '07 2.0 TDi 6 spd Reference Spt with less than 6k on the clock for £14495 and a '56 1.9 TDi Reference with 18k for £11995. we're in Lincoln, give me a shout if your interested!

Bravo 150 Multijet Sport delivery miles sitting in showroom right now 07 plate.
12,488 :p

leon less common:confused: i see loads every day, and i thought all the reports say the golf is too heavy?

less common that the golf and a3 because the suits dont see the leon as having the right image. its just as good as golf and a3, but in some ways better because guys in suits dont drive them.

new golf kerb weight is 1328kgs.
new bravo kerb weight is 1300kgs.

or do you mean it feels heavy to drive?

£16k for a Bravo sport nobody is asking for the list price are they?
no, i was comparing list prices, you can get an equal discount on both cars, well any car, that depends on your bartering skills, but for the sake of a fair comparison you have to use list prices

Last edited:
It's probably a good idea for me to sit on this one for a while.

I know Jamjar pre-registered loads of Stilos about a year after launch due to slow sales, I think the same will happen with the Bravo.

I haven't seen one Bravo on UK roads since it's launch, I saw loads in August when I holidayed in Italy, it seems that FIAT just cannot get into this sector in the UK, I'd love to know the official sales figures of the Bravo to date in the UK.

You are probably right, give it a year and there will be some real bargains to be had.

Back