Any bikers in here?

Currently reading:
Any bikers in here?

Yazza54

Established member
It's a while since I've had a fiat/been on this forum. Had a few kit cars since then and a focus but get my kicks on two wheels now, anyone else??

My current two wheeled steed.. :D Yamaha R1 5JJ

263A78DA-506F-460B-83AF-8B77D242E37D-4055-000001FE059EA4B1_zps575d5028.jpg

9003BA79-C4E6-4393-B8C1-29389B9475EE-4055-000001FDFFDC9AD0_zpsc84d354c.jpg

Hi

I'm a biker too mate

I've a full licence and love bikes - but not got round to upgrading my Honda CBF125

Regards

I had a TT600 well underrated bikes. Also just starting a 300cc 2stroke project based around a cagiva mito stripped of any weight I can etc. done nothing with it this month though, December is too expensive for projects to get a look in :(

Going to the TT next year on the R1 can't wait. Dad also coming on his bimota :)

Mmm, after a quick bit of maths I've worked out that I've been riding for about 37 years.
I don't get out as much as I used to, the bike club I used to ride with folded, then the mate who I used to go out with sold his bike and now there just doesn't seem to be time/weather.

Been riding bikes 34 years and I still enjoy it as much as I did then however selfish bad driving and poor roads limit my time on bikes these days.

ditto;)

been "on the road" for 30 years,
and another 10 before it off-roading,
only really stopped 3 years ago,:(
downsized to a few RARE modern " sports mopeds now";)

is that Bimota Yamaha engined..?? new one on me..!!

charlie - Oxford

If I recall correctly the Bimota model numbers indicate the origin of the engine ie DB=Ducati Bimota, YB=Yamaha Bimota etc.
Sports mopeds eh, I used to have a Malaguti Olympique. I haven't seen one on the road since I sold mine in 1977!

Yup

They've made a fair few yam and ducati engined bikes, the odd kawasaki, honda versions too.

They've only ever made one bimota engined bike and it completely broke them.

The engineering in them is lovely though.

Yup

They've made a fair few yam and ducati engined bikes, the odd kawasaki, honda versions too.

They've only ever made one bimota engined bike and it completely broke them.

The engineering in them is lovely though.

it was the SB and DB that I recall - being of " a certain age.."

my toys are CH racing 50's = http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wsm+50&id=237DC84B1FADF892E426535294E0174B824AF4A3&FORM=IQFRBA

as I've been on Varese built Cagiva dirt bikes since 1984,
sadly no more as last owners BMW couldn't get to grips with the Muddy stuff , and sold to KTM,
Charlie

If I recall correctly the Bimota model numbers indicate the origin of the engine ie DB=Ducati Bimota, YB=Yamaha Bimota etc.
Sports mopeds eh, I used to have a Malaguti Olympique. I haven't seen one on the road since I sold mine in 1977!

I had a Garelli tiger cross,
then Honda MT5 first of a long line of poorly designed / built Japanese stuff,
went back to Italian once I was depending on it = racing

never had an issue with my Italian Bikes + cars = tend to do my own servicing,
charlie

it was the SB and DB that I recall - being of " a certain age.."

my toys are CH racing 50's = http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=wsm+50&id=237DC84B1FADF892E426535294E0174B824AF4A3&FORM=IQFRBA

as I've been on Varese built Cagiva dirt bikes since 1984,
sadly no more as last owners BMW couldn't get to grips with the Muddy stuff , and sold to KTM,
Charlie
Having taken a shufti at the images, I'n trying to work out the connection between small trail bikes and .30Cal rifle rounds

I missed the sports moped thing entirely and went straight for a S1 Kwak 250, followed by a S2 350 and then a Mach III 500 before my head was turned by a girl. Mind you, she was right, a Chevette might have been slower and frightened Mods less than a 500 2-stroke but I got my oats a lot more often in that car than a would have done on a bike.

A 1992 Yamaha FJ1200 now resides down the side of the house.

Having taken a shufti at the images, I'n trying to work out the connection between small trail bikes and .30Cal rifle rounds

Cagiva bought the Husqvarna brand from the Electrolux "white-goods" outfit in1983 -

the Swedish BSA - complete with "gunsight" logo,

It was just an easy link..showing a fair few views of the bikes

Charlie

Cagiva bought the Husqvarna brand from the Electrolux "white-goods" outfit in1983 -

the Swedish BSA - complete with "gunsight" logo,

It was just an easy link..showing a fair few views of the bikes

Charlie
I'd never have got that one. I was thinking of the Lee Enfield MX125, or the Winchester 30.06 Trailblazer. Mind you, it would possibly be Smith & Wesson who would have had the best model name.....the S&W Magnum. It would have to be in 357cc capacity thought.

I must admit that I didn't know BSA existed in any form any more.

yeah they were great fun with that powerband, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing EVERYTHING!!!!! lol

I always wanted the 750 just to sample true madness but never did manage to get one, probably just as well or wouldn't be here now:eek:
I can't remember which one it was, possibly a later KH version had a small threaded block under the seat hump for spare plugs. Hot ones for in town and cold ones for the country.....I think

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=k...riple-cadeira-eletrica-trifasica.html;640;480

Mine was a white one complete with TLS front drum brake as can be seen in some of these images.

The 350 was red, also with a front drum and the H1, Mach III was two tone green with a disc at the front.

The original 500 was described as "Thanatoid" as well as a few other choice, admiring words by Bike magazine in around 1974. Thanatoid can mean: Resembling death; mortal; deadly. I think there may have been an element of machismo around that description, although I have to say that if you gave it too much beans while you're cranked over then you'd better hope you're within easy reach of your local A & E Department.

Kinda forgot I made this thread!

A little something I'm building if anyone's interested..

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=74&t=1342728&mid=158768&i=340&nmt=Mito+443+Project+&mid=158768

Back