Anti theft light

Currently reading:
Anti theft light

Danipaige

Hi everyone
So I was driving home last night and noticed a light pop up which turned out to be an anti theft light! I have since learned that this is the immobiliser light? Problem is I don’t have a master red key I only have 2 blue keys!! I rang Fiat to find out what the light meant and they have quoted around £300 to get a key!!!! Is there anything else I can do to get this sorted?! Any help would be great :) the car is a fiat punto 04 plate

Welcome to the forum.

Punto 04 didn't have a master key, that was for the CODE system which was phased out around 1998, the CODE2 system which you have only uses blue keys (remote and non-remote variants).
It's odd for the immobiliser light to come on while driving, and I suspect it's more likely to be a problem with the antenna ring around the ignition barrel, either the ring itself or the wiring for it, and less likely to be the key.

Am I correct in assuming that you now cannot start the car?
Where abouts in the country are you?

Welcome to the forum.

Punto 04 didn't have a master key, that was for the CODE system which was phased out around 1998, the CODE2 system which you have only uses blue keys (remote and non-remote variants).
It's odd for the immobiliser light to come on while driving, and I suspect it's more likely to be a problem with the antenna ring around the ignition barrel, either the ring itself or the wiring for it, and less likely to be the key.

Am I correct in assuming that you now cannot start the car?
Where abouts in the country are you?

Hi
I have used the 2nd blue key and the light has now disappeared but obviously concerned the light may appear again!! Is it worth taking the first key to be looked at? I can see a small silver circle in the first key??? I’m based in Sheffield

Back