General Anti roll bars - Mass order

Currently reading:
General Anti roll bars - Mass order

Hi,
According to other embers there is some interest in custom ARB's icurrently work at my fathers business on weekends and nigh-times whilst doing an engineerings CAD/CAM and ICT couse in upper sixth at school, therefore i have came to be very compeant at making such things like strut braces, panels, interior and exterior panels etc with good results.

If anybody is interested in a rear or front lower ARB then list it here. I would need a picture to go off and what car's engine they are to be used with.

I think if i made one i would have to be given a little while to come up with some different designs and then i would build a proto-type and see what you all think. Bearing in mind, i personally cannot guarantee increased steering feedback etc, other members will have to verify this as i do not drive a cinq/sei. Here is an example of the the work involved.

DSC00553.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/punto_jr_sx75/DSC00553.jpg

DSC00555.jpg

DSC00556.jpg

DSC00560.jpg

DSC00561.jpg
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/punto_jr_sx75/DSC00555.jpg

all of them photos are off strut braces though :confused:

with the uprated ARBs that were produced there were a couple of issues. I can't remeber which was which, but one of them took the same route as the OE fit one and because it was thicker it wasn't very good if the car was lowered. and the other one took another route and used to foul the wheels on full lock.

Also, lower ARBs aren't really suitable for road use, especially if its lowered. That is, of course, you don't drive over any speed bumps.............:p

chaos said:
Also, lower ARBs aren't really suitable for road use, especially if its lowered. That is, of course, you don't drive over any speed bumps.............:p

You mean lower strut brace they are different to ARB's all sportings have them as standard ;)

This is an ARB, which already comes with sportings though eibach apparently did one better.
arb5ia.jpg

Don't get it confused with a lower strut brace though.

arc said:

with the uprated ARBs that were produced there were a couple of issues. I can't remeber which was which, but one of them took the same route as the OE fit one and because it was thicker it wasn't very good if the car was lowered. and the other one took another route and used to foul the wheels on full lock.

:p Like i said, i was using the pictures as part of an exampple of the work i have done and can do.

Also like i said, this is exactly what i need - these kind of comments like knowing about the front wheels on full lock fouling the ARB, and obviuosly a lower strut brace being practically unuseable on a lowered car. (Unless for track lol)

arc said:

my arb already scrubs when goin over speed bumps.... dont think i could get away with a thicker one (n)

mase said:
my arb already scrubs when goin over speed bumps.... dont think i could get away with a thicker one (n)

Your car aint even low :rolleyes: :D

custard boy said:
could a lower strut brace be manufactured for the cinq sei that didn't sit as low as the OMP lower strut brace available at the moment?

They aint that low :eek:

italofest_2004_51.jpg

Last edited:
jamie86 said:
You mean lower strut brace they are different to ARB's all sportings have them as standard ;)

Oops :eek: I was battling with a PC that didn't want to work properly at the time.......it crashed straight after I posted that :) I got confused, looking at strut braces, talking about ARBs.............:p

You are definetely going to get a huge order from the greek clubcento for an uprated ARB, once you construct and show us one. More than ten people here (me included) are looking for the Eibach ARB which was discontinued or something similar. Start with this one, as it is more needed in the market, strutbraces are all over the shops, most of us already have fitted one...

The standard ARB is 17.5mm in diameter and the Eibach one is 21-22mm if i remember right. Do not confuse them with lower struts, the first does not interfere with the wheel or the clearence. At least noone of the 4 local guys that use it has ever complain.

Have in mind that a fatter ARB, needs thinner bushes to fit, but there is no problem to make them locally.

The Eibach anti-roll bar that is currently sitting in Emmas (Foxyemx) garage followed the same route as the standard bar and is notably thicker than the standard item, as the one off my red Cinq is sitting there as a comparison. I'm sure that if you wanted Emma could take a pic of the 2 bars sitting together if you ask her.

Aaron.

Hi all
my cento is lowerd by 50mm and ive got a lower strut brace fitted have hit it on only a few speed humps(n)

Lol all these problems stem from lowering the car :rolleyes:

The main problem i have it finding decent bushes, and then after that its a case of finding some happy medium with exhaust clearances, i could (in effect round into the tunnel, but this comprises rigidity. In thinking this, the best way would be to keep stay above the sump and exhaust. I need a picture of a cinq from different aspects underneath. I could probably get one in a couple of weeks of my friends cinq on a hoist at my dads work but if anybody has one....?

Also if anybody has any pictures of different ARB's they already have, in detail, this will save time in the long run (y)

If made correctly, these should not comprise ground clearance too much and be servicable with a set of standard bushes, maybe even polyurethane units.

matts cinq said:
Hi all
my cento is lowerd by 50mm and ive got a lower strut brace fitted have hit it on only a few speed humps(n)

:eek: hit them?!!!?? :nutter: OMG...id get your steering checked out matey!!

Back