Technical anti roll bar

Currently reading:
Technical anti roll bar

High_Tower

I've got a standard sx which with the advice from the fine people on the forum is slowly being turned into a slow racer lol.

I'm after a bit of advice, is it possible to take a anti roll bar from a sporting and fit it straight to the sx? a friend mentioned he had trouble with a pug years ago and had to change the wishbones to allow it to be fitted.

any ideas?

AFAIK it's a straightforward fit. Not heard of anyone having problems.

The wishbones are the same. The anti roll bar attaches to a 2 part bracket on each wishbone that bolts on to the wishbone.

You then need to change the rear wishbone mounts for ones with the extra loop to accomodate the chassis fixing of the ARB.

Cheers

D

I dont suppose anyone has photos of how if should look when fitted?

on another similar note, is the suspension fitted to the 900 and the sporting the same but just with shorter springs?

I dont suppose anyone has photos of how if should look when fitted?

In the Haynes Cinq manual. Get the bits from a scrappy: the 1100 Seis all have ARBs, too, and while they're a little different, should fit fine. Lots of penetrating fluid the day before!

on another similar note, is the suspension fitted to the 900 and the sporting the same but just with shorter springs?

Yep.

Back