General Anti Roll Bar Drop Links

Currently reading:
General Anti Roll Bar Drop Links

Kelvin W

Kelvin W
Hi All

Well the anti roll bar drop links have lasted 12 months exactly since being replaced under warranty, (Mileage now 23658) well the O/S one any way and no I don’t drive it like its stolen or find every speed hump in Britain My thoughts are since it’s the 150 multijet oil burner its down to the extra weight up front my wife’s 1.4 has no such faults yet touch wood eh! Oh and they work out to £10 each trade so I just fitted it myself.

Regards Kelvin

Last edited:
Hi All

Well the anti roll bar drop links have lasted 12 months exactly since being replaced under warranty, (Mileage now 23658) well the O/S one any way and no I don’t drive it like its stolen or find every speed hump in Britain My thoughts are since it’s the 150 multijet oil burner its down to the extra weight up front my wife’s 1.4 has no such faults yet touch wood eh! Oh and they work out to £10 each trade so I just fitted it myself.

Regards Kelvin

Well you get them for such a good price mate?? And how to tell they due to replace?

Well you get them for such a good price mate?? And how to tell they due to replace?

Hi Stilo Newbie

From Part-co Walsall mate there my nearest stockist (I get trade because I teach Motor Vehicle studies,and my long standing in the garage trade) Auto line is the make of the product.

To diagnose these droplinks the sound you hear is a knocking noise,more over a number of small regular pot holes to be honest, you may also feel/hear it through the floor as the roll bar bolts to the front sub frame just under your feet.

Hope this helps

Regards Kelvin

Hi Stilo Newbie

To diagnose these droplinks the sound you hear is a knocking noise,more over a number of small regular pot holes to be honest, you may also feel/hear it through the floor as the roll bar bolts to the front sub frame just under your feet.

Hope this helps

Regards Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

R.E. your diagnosis ?.... I have the 'knocking', but when I try to get any movement out of the drop links by hanging 14 stone off 'em and shaking, the car moves but I can not feel any looseness in the links?
The knocking started after going over an un-repaired pothole.
Should I be able to feel movement if they need changing?
My car has now done 25K AND IS JUST OUT OF WARRANTY.

cant hear anything on mine, but can feel as if something is catching under the pedals when turning a corner...hmmmm....best check em out

Hi Mate

The drop links on mine did have some movement,placed the vehicle on the 4 post ramp and levered under the drop links.A minute amount of free play will sound so bad when it sounds through the body.

To be truthful I don't think the pothole impact would cause these drop links to go it's a more gradual wearing item

Regards Kelvin

Hi Mate

The drop links on mine did have some movement,placed the vehicle on the 4 post ramp and levered under the drop links.A minute amount of free play will sound so bad when it sounds through the body.

To be truthful I don't think the pothole impact would cause these drop links to go it's a more gradual wearing item

Regards Kelvin

Oh well, must be something else then. The 'knocking' is fairly loud, but I cannot find the cause as yet. I have Torque steer too that was not there before the knocking started. My local Mechanic thinks the brake pads could be loose and is putting a new set on on Monday.

Hi Mate

Had that one too Quite a rattle over bumps if I remember correctly and felt through the steering

Regards kelvin

Just a though you haven't broke a coil spring have you

Just got my car back having had new front pads and new anti roll bar drop links fitted.
Still got the knocking though:bang:

The mechanic thinks it would be a good idea to investigate the cost of changing the 'inner track rod ends'?
Anyone know where Fiat fit the 'shims' for 18" wheel cars?

Hi Mate

Had that one too Quite a rattle over bumps if I remember correctly and felt through the steering

Regards kelvin

Just a though you haven't broke a coil spring have you

Certainly not broke one, but the nearside one does seem a bit 'softer' than the offside when bounced

Back