Technical anti roll bar bushes

Currently reading:
Technical anti roll bar bushes

Continuing my “fiddling” with the ugbug...I'm going to tackle these, I've had a quick read and from what I can gather the bracket has to be split because its spot welded? Is this true? Then do you nut and bolt it after?
Are people still fitting saab poly bushes?

The brackets are joined although I'm not sure whether they're pressed or spot-welded, I split mine fairly easily with small crowbar and hammer.
Some folk have managed to do the job with the roll-bar in situ, this does save having to undo the drop-links but if you're replacing these anyway I'd remove the roll-bar, (Best done from the N/S after putting the car on axle-stands).
I used the Saab polybushes, these do need a little fettling to make them fit, ok with a suitable power tool but not doable with craft knife!!
Worth looking through the forum as I believe there are alternatives which may fit better.

The welding just holds the two parts of the clamp together, the complete clamp assembly is held to the subframe by the bolts.
The welds have no bearing on the strength or security of the clamp.

Very easy job. The clamps are pressed together the nut is spot welded to the top clamp. Before you re assemble grind of the lip from the bottom clamp.

I found mine to be a pain to remove with the anti roll bar in the car. Much easier to remove the whole bar and saw the flat part of the molding just before the weld to enable the removal of the bush. Refitting the bar then presses the flat part of the bush assy back into place.

did mine yesterday - insitu as i don't have the pennies for the droplinks yet ! feels A1 now tho so well happy.
i did them in about an hour. the bolt holes are pressed thru, if you do them in situ, disconnect both sides (bar is now floppy) bring the bracket toward you (grease the ARB) then find the largest drill bit to fit in a regular chuck and drill 2-3mm in each bolt hole and they should just separate. like also said grind off the remaining flange for easy refitting. i use silicone grease (plumbers grease) as it does not degrade rubber and dont wash out with the rain too. also thread lock is prudent on reassembly.
good luck with it, nick

Back